Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RoboHelp 2020 Font issues

Community Beginner ,
Jun 07, 2021 Jun 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I am using Robohelp 2020 and I am facing some issues. I cannot make the text Bold or Italic even after using shortcut key and also options available in editor.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have update 4 installed? If you're on the first first of RH2020, you'll need to download the update manually as there is a bug in the first version.

https://www.adobe.com/support/robohelp/downloads.html

I haven't heard of any issues with making text bold or italics. The only thing I can think of is if you are importing content from Word and there's some inline formatting preventing the style from showing? You can use the tag breadcrumbs that appear at the top of the topic tab to check that the strong or bold or em tag is being applied (if it is, that would indicate a formatting issue). You could also post some screenshots include that information which might help us spot anything odd.

Please use the Insert Photo icon as this option shows the images inline with your post and makes it easier for us to respond.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To help others who face this, did the update fix it or was it a Word import issue?

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 08, 2021 Jun 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

khusboo6in_0-1623135664138.png

I have already installed the update. This issues is faced by all my team members as well. I have highighted a sample text here. Now, this is not getting bold or I cannot remove italics as well. Also, this has not been imported from any word doc. I ahve typed the same in RH. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have a look at the breadcrumbs bar: At the cursor position, you have 5 (five!) nested span elements. Very likely that there are conflicts in formatting information.

Stefan-Gentz_0-1623143519457.png

Switch to the source code view and look at it. Remove all the span elements and clean it up until only  <p>taxpayer's</p> is left. Then reapply bold or italic or both. Also, make sure the font you are using is actually supporting a bold-italic variant.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nope, this doesnt work as well 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please post the source code here (use the </> icon in the editor toolbar here to insert the source code).

Also, please post the corresponding CSS definition for the p.

Also, did you check if your font actually has a bold-italic variant?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has Do Not Allow Inline Formatting been selected? That would explain it.

image.png

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oo, I didn't know about that settings 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

RTFM. 🙂

Sorry, couldn't resist.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@khusboo6in That's not it then. Windows PCs? Not sure if Macs are different on that one.

Same if you create a new project with just the default content in one topic?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

khusboo6in_0-1623138026352.png

This is how my project settings look like.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Its windows PC. We have upgraded existing content from 2019 to 2020 and facing issue in all source files. Is there any other fix that I can try..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I hope Stefan will not mind me repeating my suggestion that you create a new project and use the default css and first topic. If applying bold or italic works there, it rather confirms this is something to do with your font or code.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp