• EspaƱol
      • FranƧais
      • PortuguĆŖs
  • ę—„ęœ¬čŖžć‚³ćƒŸćƒ„ćƒ‹ćƒ†ć‚£
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • ķ•œźµ­ ģ»¤ė®¤ė‹ˆķ‹°
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RoboHelp 2020 - Issues in the Search Results (breadcrumbs and text that display below the topic)

Community Beginner ,
Oct 14, 2020 Oct 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

We just updated to RH 2020 this week and are seeing 2 issues. One is that when we generate a Responsive Output, the Search Results displays breadcrumbs under every topic. Also, the text that displays below each topic seems almost random  and ideally, we'd like it to display the intro para - I've played around with context/characters but that hasn't seem to have helped. Any input would be much appreciated! 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 14, 2020 Oct 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which skin are you using and can you post a picture of what you're seeing? Please use the Insert image icon to include the picture in the body of the post.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 15, 2020 Oct 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On the "random" text, it should be the text surrounding the search term.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your responses! I am seeing the issue in both skins I tried - Azure and Red_Green. As for the text, I say random because while it seems to be text surrounding the search term, it's not necessarily the first mention. In any case, is there a way to just display the topic intro instead? Unfortunately, today I also realize that it's also messing up some of the capitalization, not on the topic itself but in the search results text. 

searchresults.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think what is happening in that example is the search is finding the text in the topic title rather than the body.

I don't think there is an option to switch to displaying the beginning of the topic. What you can do is enter some text in Properties > Topic > Description and then in the preset go to the Search settings. Select Use Topic Description As Search Content.

Make sure you don't use the Topic Description in any topic for any other purpose. If you add "This topic is rubbish" your users could find it. Not ideal. šŸ™‚

Over the years people have wanted the search to show where the term is found rather than the start of the topic which is unrelated. Now it has been added. I can only suggest you submit a feature request to make the old method an option.

Please follow this link to request features. https://tracker.adobe.com

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think it will show the first instance of the first word found unless you put quotes around the phrase. Without the quotes it basically just searches for each individual word.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 16, 2020 Oct 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks - I think we will have use the Description option. Also, I just realized that what I thought were breadcrumbs in the Search Results are just nav paths pulled from the TOC. They aren't clickable. Is there any way to hide them? The only way that seems to work for me is if I change the Breadcrumbs color in Search Results (Skin) to white but obviously, if you highlight it, they are still visible! Not a big issue but just curious.. Thanks again for the input! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 16, 2020 Oct 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think someone did post a method a good few months back. Might even have been me but I can't find it right now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 18, 2020 Oct 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think this is the thread with the solution. If the link doesn't take you to the relevant post, it's about a third of the way down the page, in reply to Erwin.Timmerman. (You need to add a css file to the User Assets section of your skin.)

https://community.adobe.com/t5/robohelp/in-rh-2019-search-results-is-there-a-way-tho-hide-the-file-p...

The solution is for RH2019 but hopefully that hasn't changed for RH2020.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 19, 2020 Oct 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That link and the solution both worked perfectly! Thank you both so much! šŸ™‚ 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp