Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Robohelp 2020 MAC - PDF Output - Image Headers = Blank box

Contributor ,
Aug 04, 2020 Aug 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Has anyone encountered an issue with RH2020 placing blank box outlines in the place of header images when generating a PDF?

I recently switched from RH2019 (windows) to 2020 (Mac).  The project converted correctly but I noticed an issue with header images (company logo) included in my master print page.  The header logo appears in the PDF output in 2019 with no issues. The logo also appears in the master page view and all other images in the guide appear in the PDF.

Just to make sure if wasn't an issue with converting the project, I created a brand new project and hit the same error.  

I have tried different images, file formats, file locations etc.  The only way I can get the image in the header appear in the PDF output is by pulling it from my website using a full URL opposed to a file in the project. 

TOPICS
New UI , Output presets

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 05, 2020 Aug 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have something in 2019 format that you can send me to generate from 2020 Windows?

If you can, then see the Contact page on my site and send the project as instructed there. Do make sure you include a link to this thread and please do not email the projec It direct.

That should tell us whether the issue is 2020 generally or the MAC version.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Aug 05, 2020 Aug 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Peter,

Thank you for replying.  I installed windows rh 2020 - the PDF output is completely broken for me with both 2020 versions.  

I can confirm that the 2019 win version does not have these issues.

PDF issues i have found in both versions of 2020: 

1. Images in headers for the master page appear as box outlines when using a file inside of the project.  Workaround is to use an image outside of the project (full url).
  2. Header and footer content are defaulting to full bleed and ignores the margins set in the PDF preset.  the only workaround is to put the header and footer in a table, set the left and right table margins to auto to center, then set the table width in order to keep the headers aligned with the topic content.
  3. TOC does not recogonize anything lower than level 2.  Using the TOC to structure it or using styles produces the same results.  Level 3 and below toc items appear at the same indent as level 2 and uses level 2's styles. 
    Example:
    Level 1
       Level 2
             Level 3

Level 1
          Level 2
          Level 3

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 06, 2020 Aug 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Open the supplied About RoboHelp sample project and edit the TOC to give some more levels. Also add an image to one of the headers and apply your footer.

See if that has the problems.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Aug 11, 2020 Aug 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Peter,

Sorry for the late reply.  Yes, the issue happens with the sample project.  I emailed our adobe sales rep who, in return, reached out to adobe support.  After a 2 hour video session, the adobe support tech confirmed that this is a "known issue."  Hopefully that means a fix is in development. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp