Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RoboHelp 2020 Output Microsoft HTML Help (.chm) ERROR

Community Beginner ,
Nov 12, 2020 Nov 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everybody,

i have a problem and i need some help. Maybe someone knows the answer.

I installed RoboHelp 2020 on a free trial version to test some abilities. I upgraded some projects from .xpj to .rhpj. It worked pretty well. Next thing I wanted to do is to generate an output. But everytime I want to create Microsoft HTML Help data (.chm) I see RH working but when he’s finished an error occurs. I can’t find the solution for this problem. I varied some settings, but nothings works.

Thanks, best Regards, Siddik

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 13, 2020 Nov 13, 2020

Now that we have established the issue is with all CHMs I suspect you have not applied the updates. The initial release did not include the Microsoft compiler. 

See https://helpx.adobe.com/robohelp/kb/fixed-issues.html

Also in the initial release Check for Updates did not work. You can download it from https://www.adobe.com/support/robohelp/downloads.html

You only need to apply Update 2 as it includes Update 1.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please use the photo icon to insert images within the post. Some supporters will not open attachments for security reasons and if you do download, you are then not seeing the image inline with the text. Then thanks to a quirk of this forum you have to close the thread and reopen it before you can reply. Crazy but that's the way it is.

Did you configure the preset or just click the generate icon? The first time you use a preset it needs to be configured. See if this helps. https://www.grainge.org/pages/authoring/rh_tour/rh2020/outputs/outputs_chm.htm

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Peter,

i clicked: Output->Output Presets -> double click Microsoft HTML Help -> Layout->Default Windows (there are 2 already existing options in the drop down menu to choose from the old project before upgrading)->Generate Preset->RH ist progressing but in the end the ERROR occurs.

But i also made a new Default Window-Option witch showed in the drop down menu, and configured it. It still didn't work.

Thanks fpr the fast answer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

RoboHelp ships with an About RoboHelp sample project. Please open that and set a local path to generate the CHM. Does that generate OK?

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Output Path is on C:/Users/ ....  So it is local. 

Pictures:

Output Fail.png

 

Output Fail 2.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You haven't said what happens when you try the About RoboHelp sample project.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I really can't find the RoboHelp sample project. I searched on "My RoboHelp projects".

There are just the project folders i tried to generate a .chm output. But the folders are empty.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe that's because i have a 30 day free trial version?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The path is C:\Users\YourUserName\Documents\My RoboHelp Projects\Adobe RoboHelp 2020\Samples or just look at Documents in Explorer.

You can also find it at C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe RoboHelp 2020\resources\data\template\projects\ but do not attempt to open it there. You must copy it to somewhere outside of Program Files such the path in the previous paragraph.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 13, 2020 Nov 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found 2 projects in C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe RoboHelp 2020\resources\data\template\projects\ and copied them to \DocumentsMy RoboHelp Projects.

These are the projetcs:

About RoboHelp

Compass Travel

I opened them both. But the same Error occurs after i tried to generate the Microsoft HTML Help Output.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You wouldn't be able to open RoboHelp if the trial had expired. Whilst it is within the trial there is full functionality and you get the samples.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Now that we have established the issue is with all CHMs I suspect you have not applied the updates. The initial release did not include the Microsoft compiler. 

See https://helpx.adobe.com/robohelp/kb/fixed-issues.html

Also in the initial release Check for Updates did not work. You can download it from https://www.adobe.com/support/robohelp/downloads.html

You only need to apply Update 2 as it includes Update 1.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Problem solved! After i updated RH i was able to generate the output! I was so confused, because RH didn't show, that there was a new update. But after downloading the update and installing it everything worked!

Thanks PETER the legend!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp