• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Robohelp 2020 - Responsive HTML5 Problem displaying Start Page

New Here ,
Jul 22, 2020 Jul 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I created a "Start Page" for our Responsive HTML5 output. The file Start_Page.htm resides in the same folder as my topic htm pages. When I generate the help, I get the following error message:

"It may have been moved or deleted". Where does Robohelp expect this file to appear? I cannot find any information online.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You don't create a start page. RoboHelp does that wherever you specify. What you need to create is a default topic that you specify elsewhere in the preset.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Peter,

Thank you for your prompt response. I understand "default topic". When I entered the correct file name as the default topic, my help generated correctly.

I still do not understand the concept of a "Start Page". What is the purpose of stating a start page? Can this field be left blank? By default it has "index.htm" even though I am not using indexing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Default topic is just a topic. You want a TOC, Search and other features. The start page is what brings all that together.

Index.htm is a standard name for the opening page of any web site. You may not see it as it is one of a number of such terms that the web will assume. RoboHelp wants you to specify as it will be part of a longer address to open topics within that framework.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 23, 2020 Sep 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It sounds like your toc is not pointing to the correct locations for your topics. Unfortunately in this case you need to fix every broken reference.

Check the Broken Links report and you can fix the link from the right-click menu.

If you moved files around using File Explorer, this would explain why your links are broken. 

[Please use the Reply button at the top of the page to ensure replies are in time order]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Or, assuming you haven't made too many changes to your project, revert to a backup of the project when things were working.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Are you a new user or have you moved from a Classic version of RoboHelp?

All the topics you want in the output must be in the TOC. If they are in the TOC, then see what Amber has said about the Broken Links report.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp