• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Robohelp 2020: Snippets as only bullets in a list

Explorer ,
Oct 19, 2020 Oct 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Following on from my post yesterday about snippets not upgrading properly, Peter was able to point me to creating an existing list, then inserting the snippet. This works wonderfully if the snippet is not number 1 in the list.

However, in this scenario, I'm getting doubled up number 1. So, step 1 has number 1 and 2 sitting on top of each other , and then further down the list, I'm getting double ups for the next snippet.

The general idea is:

<ol>

<li>snippet 1- which contains steps 1-4</li>

<li>snippet 2 - which contains steps 5-8</li>

</ol>

Snippet 1 is likely to always be steps 1-4

However, snippet 2 might start at another number in another topic if that helps any.

The snippets only have <li> tags in them - no <OL>s as I assume that will come from the topic.

Is there something I can do to get this to work?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 26, 2020 Oct 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Snippet 1 is something like the list below and Snippet 2 is the same but numbered 5 - 8 - correct.

1 Item

2 Item

3 Item

4 Item

You would only need to create two snippets with those lists where they are to run one after the other or have non list items in between.

The issue is those numbers are fixed however you do it so Snippet 2 will always be 5 - 8. There is no way of restarting the numbering in that scenario.

Can you add a heading to each so that both could be 1 - 4 below the heading and still make sense?

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The only solution that I think will work is to create each "list" item as a snippet without any numbering in it.

Then create start a list and drag snippet 1. Press Enter to get the second list number and drag that snippet.

That way you can break off at any point and use list numbering to fix things.

Not ideal but snippets are intended to be independant of each other.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Peter,

Thanks for looking this. This worked really well in Robo 2017. When we created the snippets, we deleted the <ol> </ol> from the snippet. This meant the list could take the numbering or bullets from the topic. So in Robo 2017, it looked like this:

snippet 1:

<li>step</li>

<li>step</li>

Snippet 2:

<li>step </li>

<li>step</li>

Then the topic could look like this:

<ol>

snippet 1

snippet 2

</ol>

This worked great in 2017.

In 2020, this works fine if there is a non-snippet bullet/list item before each snippet. If there is not, it just doubles up the numbering so I'll get a 1 written over the top of number 2. 

I'll look at other ways to write the content, but I think it might be easier to just stay on robo 2017. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 27, 2020 Oct 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Your choice but Classic versions will not get any more feature changes and 2017 is already out of support.

Do the steps have to be numbered? Bullets would get around the problem but I realise that might not be acceptable.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp