Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RoboHelp 2020: Variables panel no longer displays/previews variable values

Enthusiast ,
Oct 23, 2020 Oct 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

RoboHelp 2020.1

• In RoboHelp 2019.14 (new), the variables panel displayed each variable's value; this made it very easy to see and select the variable you wanted to insert in a topic.

• In RoboHelp 2020.1, the panel only displays empty brackets and the variable Name (not its value).

variables.png

• You can right-click a variable and select Preview (or Edit) to see the value, but this is an extra step, and it's compounded if you don't select the variable you're looking for the first time - then you have to right-click/preview multiple variables to find the one you need. 

Is this design intentional (and thus I need to log an enhancement request) or is it a defect (and thus I need to log a bug)?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 23, 2020 Oct 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's intentional and in my view it's poor. Technically that does make it a feature request.

Please follow this link to request features. https://tracker.adobe.com

Post the link to your feature request in this thread and others can vote for it. The more people who do so, the higher it gets prioritised.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 24, 2020 Oct 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I spoke to Adobe and the idea was to allow more variables to be listed without scrolling. However, the point was taken and will be looked at if you file a request.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Peter,

Thank you for the insight! Personally, I'd like both the value and variable name displayed at the same time. And if we're gold-plating, users would also be able to sort the list in alpha and reverse-alpha order on both "columns" (assuming a double-column display/organization).

I'll log a feature request. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Logged feature request RH-8302. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 25, 2020 Oct 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Here's the link to make it easier for others to vote or comment.

https://tracker.adobe.com/#/view/RH-8302

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp