• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Robohelp 3D CAD files

New Here ,
Apr 03, 2021 Apr 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey, I was wondering if anyone has tried importing 3D CAD files into Robohelp and has had any success with it?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 05, 2021 Apr 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think the answer is "it depends". 

Do you want people to view 3D CAD drawings in your help? Then I don't think you can. I believe you'd have to export to a supported web format. It's possible something like WebGL might allow it, but I couldn't say for certain and I don't know what would be involved to implement, but maybe it'll help your search. If there is a javascript library that allows it, it will be easier to implement in New UI than in Classic.

If you want people to be able to download CAD files for use in AutoCAD on their computer, then the answer is 'yes I think you can'. For Classic I think you'd just need to add them as baggage files and link to them. For New UI, just copy and paste the files into folder and link to them. I'm not sure what browser security settings might do with a CAD file, but in theory they should just save like any other file you might link to.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 06, 2021 Apr 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As Amber mentioned if you get the CAD output which can be rendered in HTML pages then it will work in RoboHelp. E.g. https://www.cadasio.com/ has outputs which work in RoboHelp.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 15, 2021 Apr 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks, Vivek. Are there any options besides Cadasio which offer the same service?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp