• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RoboHelp 9 APPCRASH

New Here ,
Jul 20, 2020 Jul 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a project that has been used for years and now suddenly I get an error once it attempts to load the project.  I am on Windows 7 and it is RoboHelp 9.  Any ideas?  Losing this file will be devastating.

Problem signature:

Problem Event Name:                    APPCRASH

Application Name:                         RoboHTML.exe

Application Version:                       9.0.2.271

Application Timestamp:                 4ede0156

Fault Module Name:                      ntdll.dll

Fault Module Version:                    6.1.7601.24557

Fault Module Timestamp:              5ee1b3a1

Exception Code:                             c015000f

Exception Offset:                           00084371

OS Version:                                   6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.4

Locale ID:                                      1033

Additional Information 1:               0a9e

Additional Information 2:  0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789

Additional Information 3:               0a9e

Additional Information 4:  0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Look at this post again online. On the right you will see a number of related threads. See if any of those help.

The crash details are only of interest to Adobe and your version is way out of support.

Please tell me you haven't been working on this project without backups. If you have, do you by any chance have a CHM file generated by the project that is up to date. That might be your safety net.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I attempted to make a back up file copy, but when I open either copy I made it is blank.  I didn't see anything that I could follow that was helping me in the other posts and most were old (I know - old version).

We pull our project from our Secure S Drive and we were having many problems last week; however that has since been resolved. 

I know the version is way out of date - we are upgrading to 2019; however, we are rebuilding our files at the same time so our only choice is to use this until we get that up and running.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That sounds like you have just tried to create a backup. I meant a backup from when this went belly up.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I made the copy before the application crashed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you double click one of the topics in File Explorer, it opens OK?

Can you open other projects, particularly one of the sample projects?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If the topics open from File Explorer and other projects open, you could try deleting the failing project CPD file and then reopening the project.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Carilion Epic Help.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That screen shot show my most recent files.  The 16th is when the issue began.  I had our help desk restore the xpj file from 7/14 (current one was showing 7/15 last edited) and still had the same issue.  Are you saying I should remove the CPD file only and then try to open the XPJ file again?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can try it with any version. The CPD is safe to delete. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately that did not work.

What are the ali, brs, cpd, hhc, hhp, ppf, pss files all for?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They are things like browse sequence and making context sensitive help and all the other features of Robohelp work.

The only file safe to delete is the cpd as it will be rebuilt when you open the project. It sometimes gets corrupted and deleting it will fix that corruption. If you're nervous, you can just rename it so it won't be picked up when you open the xpj (e.g.  "filename.cpd.old").

Or, if there is an ldb file, you can delete that as well - it's a temp file that should be automatically removed, but can sometimes be left behind with a crash.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 21, 2020 Jul 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You haven't answered the questions below.

1. If you double click one of the topics in File Explorer, it opens OK?
  2. Can you open other projects, particularly one of the sample projects?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp