• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Robohelp 9 Chinese output

Nov 02, 2012 Nov 02, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I am working on a Chinese language help file. I have an issue while generating chm output, using the Robohelp source files. I am using Robohelp 9.

• If a file name is in Chinese font, in the chm output the content of the htm file is not displayed. Output is as follows:

This program cannot display the webpage

• But if I change the file name to English, the content(Chinese)  is displayed in hte chm file, as in the source htm files.

Please let me know, how to solve this issue. Thanks in advance.

NOTE: I used the same source files and generated a Web Help output, which has come out well.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 02, 2012 Nov 02, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Right to left languages are not supported in RoboHelp 9. There is a workaround for WebHelp as listed here but it has not been tested with CHM files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Nov 07, 2012 Nov 07, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is not answer for my question. Chinese language is in LEFT to RIGHT format.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 08, 2012 Nov 08, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Apologies for changing the direction Chinese write

I wonder if this is yet another instance where the language of the operating system comes into play. I helped a user in a similar situation a few weeks ago. Check out this post and post back it it helps:

http://www.cmcandrew.com/robocolumn/archives/3399

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Nov 11, 2012 Nov 11, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

The info from the above link is useful. But it is not related to my question. Hence, I am giving a detailed picture of my problem, once again.

• If the htm source file name is in Chinese font, the chm output of the htm file is not displayed. Output is as follows:         

content not displayed.jpg

• Here you can see that my system is not able to recognise the chinese characters. Even in the left side TOC column the file names are displayed as question marks (????) in place of chinese characters.

• But if I change the htm file name to English, the content(Chinese) is displayed as in the source htm file.
    • For example see the following image:
      Test.jpg
      Here the Chinese content is displayed as in the htm source file for the topic, whose file name is changed to English. For example, the output of the topic Test (marked with a red arrow), is displayed as in the above image.

NOTE: I used the same source files and generated a Web Help output, which has come out well. The content both in the TOC and reading pane, is displayed as in the HTM source files of RoboHelp.

Also note that  the Operating System language, in my system is US (English).

Please let me know, how to solve this issue.    Thanks in advance. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 12, 2012 Nov 12, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think the problem here is that whilst RoboHelp supports Chinese, Windows does not when you are on a US (English) system. Also to create the CHM RoboHelp has to use the Microsoft Help Compiler and I doubt that supports Chinese.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Dec 07, 2012 Dec 07, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Mr. Peter,

Can you please suggest me, how I can now generate the chm output.(My system details are, as follows)System Properties.jpg

Let me know if it is required or possible to install and configure my sytem to generate Chinese and Japanese chm output.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 07, 2012 Dec 07, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rh supports simplified Chinese for content only, not file names.

If installed selecting the Japanese UI on a PC with Windows also installed for Japanese, then I would guess the file name could be in Japanese. I stress that is a guess only.

I don't work with other languages so I do not have more detailed knowledge.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 18, 2013 Mar 18, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi MURALIDHAR,

I had the same issue in Japanese. I don't know how you are getting your content into RoboHelp, but we use FrameMaker. It has everything to do with the names of the topics, it seems. Here is how I resolved this issue for us.

1. Select File| Project Settings.
  2. Click Edit next to Edit conversion settings for FrameMaker documents.
  3. Select Other Settings.
  4. From the Topic Name Pattern drop-down select list, select <$filename_no_ext><n>.
  5. Click OK.
  6. Click Apply.
  7. Import the content and go!

The filenames will use the filename in Windows, followed by a number when the FrameMaker files are imported into RoboHelp. As long as your filenames are in not in a double-byte language, it will function correctly in an English environment.

I had our Japanese translator test the file on her system and it also worked in the Japanese environment. I hope this helps you with your issue!

Andrea

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 11, 2016 Aug 11, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 08, 2012 Nov 08, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sai,

Have you change the language Project Settings to Simplified chienese. If not go to File>Project Settings and change the language and then generate the help file.

Hope this helps.

Thanks

Priyank

Thanks,
Priyank Shrivastava

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp