Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RoboHelp 9 Closing while building AIR

New Here ,
Feb 24, 2011 Feb 24, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I've been pulling my hair out trying to fix this, and I'm getting dangerously close to switching to that other app that rhymes with Glare, so hopefully someone can save us.

When we try to build the AIR version of our project, RoboHelp starts the build process, then just closes.  No error message, doesn't appear to be a crash...just exits.

It worked fine in this same project a few hours ago.  Tried it again just now and no luck.

This happened to me earlier on a different project and I started the project over, which fixed it again for awhile...until I encountered it yet again.

I've put the entire project into a zip folder and uploaded it to ftp://ftp.kinematics.com/pub/SA/Install/SA%20Roadmap/Roadmap.zip.  Can someone help?

Here's the output from the log right before it closes:

log.png

Using RoboHelp HTML (RH9) with Windows 7, 64-bit.

Thanks,

Todd

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just a little additional information: Installed the RH9 trial on another computer, tried it out...had the same problem

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found that checking "Exclude Unreferenced Baggage Files From Search" fixed the problem...although I don't know why.  Adobe: Is this a bug?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nope - don't think so. I'm building locally-installed AIRHelp for a current project and I don't bother with that flag at all. Nothing crashing on me. I'd say there's something in one of your baggage files that causing the Full Text indexing to go tilt. You could try removing each file one by one to see which one it chokes on & why, but it sounds as if you don't need them included in the search anyway.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 25, 2011 Feb 25, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jeff, thanks for the feedback.  I figured out what was happening and do believe it is a bug.

Since printing from AIR looks awful, we were generating individual PDFs for each chapter in our project, then including hyperlinks to those PDFs in our AIR project (via the file: type hyperlink).

Steps would be:

1) Create the Individual chapter PDFs.

2) Create the AIR, which would link to the latest version of the PDFs.

This works fine initially (works like a charm in fact).  However, if I would update a topic and re-build the PDF files, that's what would introduce the problem.  After the PDF files were updated, building the AIR output caused RoboHelp to close.  The PDF files themselves did not change file names or directory locations--just the content of the PDF was updated.

This is a bug that should be fixed, since this is the only viable solution I've found to circumventing the terrible printing from AIR.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 28, 2011 Feb 28, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I am experiencing this issue as well when modifying links to pdf files and have therefore not created a new thread. I am using a trial version of TCS 3.0 and am utilizing a project created in TCS version 2.0. Similar to the first post, this problem only manifested itself after updating the hyperlink reference to a pdf file. I have tried the suggestions to exclude unreferenced baggage files from search and have also set my project to clear cpd files before opening projects. In theory I have narrowed the issue to one specific pdf but here's the thing - I just made the exact same updates in the original TCS version 2.0 project and it publishes without any issue whatsoever. Let's just say I'm glad I haven't upgraded yet!

Any thoughts?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp