Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RoboHelp and CVS

Community Beginner ,
Mar 23, 2016 Mar 23, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have RoboHelp 15. I want to use CVS as a source control. Can RH be integrated with CVS?

Regards,

Prashant

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 28, 2016 Mar 28, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can always add the files in CVS and manually check in and out before opening the RoboHelp project. But that is probably not what you are looking for. To allow RoboHelp to work with CVS natively, you will have to install an MSSCCI plugin for CVS. Once that is set up, you can add the source control through RoboHelp.

A list of plugins is available here: http://www.davidtan.org/subversion-svn-integration-plugins-for-visual-studio/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 28, 2016 Mar 28, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi ,

Should I install MSSCCI plugin on the machine where I have installed RoboHelp/TCS?

Thank you very much for your continuous support.

Regards,

Prashant

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 29, 2016 Mar 29, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have tried "http://www.davidtan.org/subversion-svn-integration-plugins-for-visual-studio/" link. But, I did not get the desired plugin related to CVS. It will be great if you can guide me in this regard.

If we decide to go without Plugin, is it OK to go with following approach:

1. Check-in all the files into CVS
  2. Open the RoboHelp project and edit the desired files
  3. Check-in the edited files.

More Information: We are using TortoiseCVS Client to check-in and check-out files.

Regards,

Prashant

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 03, 2016 Apr 03, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can anybody answer this?

I have tried "http://www.davidtan.org/subversion-svn-integration-plugins-for-visual-studio/" link. But, I did not get the desired plugin related to CVS. It will be great if you can guide me in this regard.

If we decide to go without Plugin, is it OK to go with following approach:

1. Check-in all the files into CVS
  2. Open the RoboHelp project and edit the desired files
  3. Check-in the edited files.

More Information: We are using TortoiseCVS Client to check-in and check-out files.

Prashant

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 03, 2016 Apr 03, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't help you with your plugin question, but for the manual process, when you add the project to source control, do not add the following files: xpj, cpd, ldb. These wouldn't be added if you used Robohelp to add the project to source control and cause problems because they contain user/machine specific infrormation.

For daily work:

1. Check out all files.

2. Open Robohelp and work on the desired files.

3. Close Robohelp

4. Check in all files. You may need to manually add or delete files as appropriate at this point too (and remember not to accidentally add the xpj, cpd or ldb).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 04, 2016 Apr 04, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks a lot. Appreciate your help.

A quick question. If I do not check-in the xpj, cpd, and ldb files, will it still be OK for peers who are working on the same project? I mean, if I do not check-in these files, peers will not get updates that may be happening in these files.

Regards,

Prashant

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 04, 2016 Apr 04, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

oops, slip of the fingers.

xpj should definitely be checked in to source control.

The files to exclude from source control are .cpd, .ldb, .pss.

There are no problems with peers not getting updates to these files - in fact, getting the updates causes big problems. As I said, if you used Robohelp and Robo Source Control, those files will not be added in to version control at all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 05, 2016 Apr 05, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you very much for your timely help.

Regards,

Prashant

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 26, 2016 Apr 26, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Amebr,

I can check-in the .hhp file, correct?

Regards,

Prashant

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 09, 2016 Jun 09, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Some people recommend this file is not checked in, but I have not had any problems checking it in, and have found it a useful backup a couple of times.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp