Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RoboHelp Collaborate - Sync v Get latest version

Explorer ,
Jan 08, 2021 Jan 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Folks, 

In RoboHelp 2019, there's a Collaborate option.

When I open RH, it automatically begins to Sync. I assumed it was syncing with our SharePoint repo. Doesn't seem to be the case as some files are not getting pulled down.

However, there's also an option to Get latest version, which does pull down the files.   

Can someone clarify what the sync is doing? Is it simply pushing my files to SharePoint?

Or to put the question another way. what's the difference between syncing and get latest version?

Thanks. 

TOPICS
Version control

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 10, 2021 Jan 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Get Latest Version is part of the source control functionality.

I think "Sync" relates to files and topics maintained separately on a network share and linked into the project.  Can you see little icons against topics and folders as described in this article?

https://www.grainge.org/pages/authoring/rh_tour/rh2019/authoring/rh2019_resource_linking.htm

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 19, 2021 Jan 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Apologies for the delay. I don't have those icons even though we use SharePoint to share our project. Will see if there is some other setting to turn them on. 

robohelp-link.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 19, 2021 Jan 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ignore the above. I see it now. Let me experiment with it and see what happens. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp