• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RoboHelp crash frequently when I'm editing snippets--particularly when adding hyperlinks

Explorer ,
Apr 24, 2015 Apr 24, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is this a known issue with RoboHelp 11.0.4.291? Is there a fix?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Apr 28, 2015 Apr 28, 2015

Hi Jeff! Yes, I have filed a bug report and heard back that Adobe is looking into the issue.I also chatted with a rep, who found a workaround.

That said, here's the info you requested:

The project is located here: C:\Users\[username]\Documents\My RoboHelp Projects\[ProjectName]

RoboHelp crashes every time when I click the hyperlink icon in the ribbon and then paste a URL (such as https://support.company.com/knowledgebase.php?article=110) in the Link To box. The workaround is to select Web Address

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Apr 24, 2015 Apr 24, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not that I know of (but I’m still discovering goodies in there). Where is the project located – network drive or local (in a nice short path)? Can you make it blow up “on command”? If so, have you contacted TCS support?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 28, 2015 Apr 28, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jeff! Yes, I have filed a bug report and heard back that Adobe is looking into the issue.I also chatted with a rep, who found a workaround.

That said, here's the info you requested:

The project is located here: C:\Users\[username]\Documents\My RoboHelp Projects\[ProjectName]

RoboHelp crashes every time when I click the hyperlink icon in the ribbon and then paste a URL (such as https://support.company.com/knowledgebase.php?article=110) in the Link To box. The workaround is to select Web Address in the Link To drop-down before pasting the URL (replacing the "https" that appears when you select Web Address).

I'm happy with the workaround, but will be happier still when Adobe corrects the error that causes crashing!

Thanks for your interest! Let me know if you know anything else that I don't.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 28, 2015 Apr 28, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Good to know – I asked because sometimes RH gets very testy over the length of the path that projects get to. Best practises have advised keeping it short – like c:\projects\[project_name]\

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp