RoboHelp does not apply Font sets in imported FM files

Explorer ,
Jun 04, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've imported a .bk file in Robohelp and customized my style sheet where I've created a Font Set. However, I have to manually update each paragraph and apply the font set to see the change. I thought RoboHelp will automatically apply the changes to the topic. Am I doing something wrong? Need help.

Thanks.

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Jeff_Coatsworth | Adobe Community Professional

How did you map your settings from FM to RH? That’s where the interpretation takes place. You can also have your CSS applied to all topics at help generation to see the impact too.

TOPICS
FrameMaker integration

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

RoboHelp does not apply Font sets in imported FM files

Explorer ,
Jun 04, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've imported a .bk file in Robohelp and customized my style sheet where I've created a Font Set. However, I have to manually update each paragraph and apply the font set to see the change. I thought RoboHelp will automatically apply the changes to the topic. Am I doing something wrong? Need help.

Thanks.

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Jeff_Coatsworth | Adobe Community Professional

How did you map your settings from FM to RH? That’s where the interpretation takes place. You can also have your CSS applied to all topics at help generation to see the impact too.

TOPICS
FrameMaker integration

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jun 04, 2015 0
LEGEND ,
Jun 05, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is the font set available in your project prior to importing?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 05, 2015 0
Explorer ,
Jun 05, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I used Times New Roman in FrameMaker. I want to change the fonts to Verdana and Arial.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 05, 2015 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jun 06, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thread moved to Fm Integration forum.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Please use the blue Reply button at the top to help me help you. The black Reply link nests replies and they sort out of order.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 06, 2015 0
Jun 08, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 08, 2015 0
Explorer ,
Jun 08, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just followed the instructions on importing FM files to RH where I edited the conversion settings for FM documents by double-clicking the Paragraph and selecting the headings (one at a time) and selecting the RH style from the drop-down menu. Don't really know any other way of mapping my settings from FM to RH. I'm a beginner in RH and I have to convert my FM docs to online help. Any tips and clues will be a great help for importing FM files to RH.

Thanks!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 08, 2015 0
Jun 09, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, that’s correct. Now your content in RH should all have RH styles applied to it. You can either have the RH styles set up with the fonts, etc. that you want to use, then map them or map them and then edit them to have the formatting you want. What you see in the RH topic design editor doesn’t necessarily have to resemble what your help output can look like because you can use different CSS files to change what is applied to all topics when the help is generated. Are you creating WebHelp or HTML5?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 09, 2015 0
Explorer ,
Jun 09, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am creating HTML5.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 09, 2015 0
Jun 09, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, and are you applying 1 CSS file to all topics to shape how they appear? Or have you got the desired font, formatting, etc. already in your RH styles? Where is the problem occurring?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 09, 2015 0
Explorer ,
Jun 09, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I am applying 1 CSS file to all topics. However, the font does not change everywhere; some paragraphs take the changes and some don't.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 09, 2015 0
Jun 09, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would check the HTML of the text that isn’t taking the change and see if you have some in-line styling going on.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 09, 2015 0
FunWrite LATEST
Explorer ,
Jun 09, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, will check the HTML.

Thanks.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 09, 2015 0