• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Robohelp Error Message when opening RoboHelp 2019

New Here ,
Sep 26, 2019 Sep 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have not upgraded to RH2019  rev.9, after reading all the problems folks are encountering. I didn't want to be not be able to open my previous projects, but now I am getting this error message everytime I open an existing RH 2109 project, or creating a new one. I tried restarted my computer a few times, but still get the error. I am still running ver7, which was workoing fine until now. Please advise.

Application Error

The application has run into an error.
Please save your unsaved changes and restart from menu:
Help > Restart RoboHelp
TOPICS
New UI

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Classic or new UI? What's changed?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

New UI - thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And what's changed? Does doing the restart fix it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 27, 2019 Sep 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The restart does not fix it. I have also restarted the computer. Same problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I suggest applying the latest patch & if it still misbehaves, contact the RH folks at tcssup@adobe.com to have a close look at what's going on. Something in your environment must have changed for it to "all of a sudden" now have a issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the advise - I will have to try that

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This error can actually mean anything. I sent my file to support the first time, and it turned out I had an ampersand in the name of a conditional tag and that's not allowed, but it doesn't validate that when you add it. I also had it recently when it decided it didn't like the svg I had replaced in a skin. It usually means something you did between the last save and the current save wasn't allowed. If you're using source control, check your revision logs and see what changed and see if you can figure it out, or open a ticket with support and they'll help you out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the tip. Creating a new project causes the error message, too - that's whats so strange. I am going to upgrade to rev 9 & see if that helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wait a few days... there was a problem with r9... it removes all your commas and some other fun things. But it should not do that on a brand new project!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 28, 2019 Sep 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Update 9 only removes parentheses, not commas, and only in the Classic version, not the new version that is being discussed here. For anyone using the Classic version, there is a fix available.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp