• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RoboHelp freezes while trying to import a .doc file

New Here ,
Nov 18, 2015 Nov 18, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

While being a noob, I am having a problem.  I just installed RoboHelp 2015 on a 64 bit win10 machine.  When selecting the option to import a document into a topic, RoboHelp freezes and does not allow any functionality.  I have to kill it in the task manager.  Any thoughts or ideas as to what is causing this or how to allow the import of the .doc's?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Sounds to me like you may be encountering a hidden dialog.

Try it again but at that point where it seems to lock up, press and hold your Windows Logo key and press the left arrow key a couple of times.

osk.png

See if that causes the dialog to appear.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's what I thought as well, but no luck there.  Thanks for your suggestion though!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 20, 2015 Nov 20, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried importing a different document? Create a new document with one heading and a few lines of text and try that.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 20, 2015 Nov 20, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks Peter.  I did try and it was occurring for all types of imports.  However, I did get it to work.  Rookie mistake...there was an undelivered update that needed to be installed.  After that, all was good.  I appreciate you taking the time to answer me though!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp