• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

robohelp has stopped working

Explorer ,
Oct 07, 2015 Oct 07, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There's one topic in the project I'm working on that gives me this message every time I try to open it.

"RobhHelp has stopped working. Windows is trying to find a solution..." etc. I have to close the program and start over again.

I don't recall changing anything in the topic significantly.

How can I fix it if I can't get into it?

Thanx!

Lon

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 07, 2015 Oct 07, 2015

Have you tried deleting the CPD file before opening the project?

You seem to know which topic it is. Move it outside the project and then open the project. Maybe then importing it will clean things up.

Do you have any backups?

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried deleting the CPD file before opening the project?

You seem to know which topic it is. Move it outside the project and then open the project. Maybe then importing it will clean things up.

Do you have any backups?

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Lon

Try it this way. From RoboHelp, right-click the topic in the Project Explorer pod.

Choose Explore and Windows File Explorer should open

Now locate the topic in Windows explorer. Right-click it and open it in either notepad or your browser.

Select all the content and copy to the clipboard.

Go back to RoboHelp and delete the topic.

Create a new topic to replace it with.

Paste the content into the editor and remove unwanted bits.

Let us know how well that does or doesn't seem to work.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, gentlemen!

Rick, I tried your suggestion, but when I opened the file, I got a page full of gobbledygook and gibberish (you would probably call it "code").

I deleted the CPD file, Peter, but I think that partially deleted my topic; fortunately, I did have a backup in a zip file, so I created a new topic in RH, then copied-and-pasted the "old" topic into the new one. I still don't know what the problem was, but I suspect it had to do with the image in the topic, as I had selected it and was about to replace it.

Anyway, better now.

thanks again!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 08, 2015 Oct 08, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Deleting the CPD cannot delete the file from your PC. It might have deleted it from showing in the project and importing it would have fixed that. However you have used a backup.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp