• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Robohelp : How to disable auto correction of html tags in Design View ?

Community Beginner ,
Mar 20, 2016 Mar 20, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi ,

I have observed that a broken code in the html page will get auto corrected when we view it in design mode. How to disable this functionality?

My requirement is i need to have  snippets like

First snippet  :  <div id='snippet'>.........Text set 1  <!-- opening div in first snippet -->

Second snippet : Text set 2</div> <!-- closing div in second snippet -->

Current problem is when i save the first and second snippet and after viewing it in the 'Design' , a closing div(</div>) got auto created in the first snippet and open div(<div>) got created in the second snippet.

Is it possible to disable this functionality of RH?

Thanks,

Remesh

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 22, 2016 Mar 22, 2016

Am I right in reading that as simply a snippet within a snippet? If so it is not something I have tried and I would doubt it is possible. You cannot disable the autocorrect but you can avoid it by using a text editor instead. However, you then lose much of RoboHelp's functionality.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Mar 22, 2016 Mar 22, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Am I right in reading that as simply a snippet within a snippet? If so it is not something I have tried and I would doubt it is possible. You cannot disable the autocorrect but you can avoid it by using a text editor instead. However, you then lose much of RoboHelp's functionality.

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 22, 2016 Mar 22, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you.. I need to find some other way..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 23, 2016 Mar 23, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How about putting a User Defined Variable inside the Snippet?

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tried it... It won't work... That is also getting auto corrected

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

I'm going to go out on a limb here and ask if you would be willing to tell us what exactly you are attempting to do. I mean, RoboHelp does its best to shield us from having to muck about in the HTML code. So I'm pondering why you feel the need to edit that way.

Sure, you are struggling with RoboHelp wanting to behave like that overly "helpful" four year old when you edit there. But if we knew what the desired end result is, perhaps we could offer a way to achieve the goal with no need to muck about in the code.

I regularly use variables inside snippets with no issue.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks a lot for your response.

My story is this : -

I need to convert a bunch of Help and Manual project to Robohelp, and i am half way done.

I am able to import snippets,variables,conditional tags etc.

But when it comes to snippets - in help and manual they had a weird way of using snippets i must say ,that is like i said  some H&M snippets are having non-closed html tags.

Eg.html tabbed view.Capture.JPG

In that,one snippet is having the <div> open and other snippet having </div>.

Please don't ask me why it is like that, it's done by some other folks. I am just finding out a solution to port it to RH.

Hope this will give you an idea on the issue which i am facing.

-remesh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 25, 2016 Mar 25, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Create a new topic, it can be deleted later. Create a new snippet and a new variable. Try with those rather than anything brought in from Help and Manual.

If that fails, try the same in a new project or one of the samples. Click Open on the RoboHelp Starter page and then click Samples in the ribbon on the left.

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp