Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RoboHelp HTML V10, Change Page Background in Multiscreen HTML5

New Here ,
Nov 21, 2016 Nov 21, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Greetings

Using RoboHelp HTML V10, I have always output to WebHelp, and stay with the default skin which provides a white page background and light blue icons. This looks fine for my use. I now need to export to HTML5. I still use the default skin, but the page background is pumpkin, which does not look right for my use. The default skin has the earlier settings, and I can't find where to get these settings applied to the HTML5 output. Same content output to WebHelp looks like it always have, so I don't know where it is picking the background setting from.

On individual pages I can access Format >> Borders and Shading, but it says each page is shaded transparently. I am sure I am doing something wrong but the online help isn't helpful.

Any help? My goodness the HTML5 output is ugly!

Thanks in advance,

Karl

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 22, 2016 Nov 22, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

IIRC, you need to edit the screen layout (from the Project Set-Up tab) to change anything in the layout styling. If you want a plain vanilla layout, I'd suggest using the PnP-WH-Generic one that Willam van Weelden created.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 23, 2016 Nov 23, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, not sure what any of that means Jeff. I went to that web site and didn't see anything that looked like that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No website mentioned - you should already have that generic layout present in your RH10 install - if you don't, try grabbing a copy from Willam's website - https://www.helpessentials.com/  or contacting him.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As far as I'm aware, the PnP Generic is a WebHelp skin.

I believe this thread is talking about Multiscreen HTML 5. And that's a different species.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just had a look in my RH10 - it's showing up in the list with the other Screen Layouts (Android_Phone_Layout, Kindle_Fire_Layout, etc.) and I can associate it with one of the Screen Profiles in the Multiscreen SSL recipe, so I think it's a layout & not a skin.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you post a screenshot?

Next time I have my older laptop up with RoboHelp 10 I'll have to look. All I have on this one is 2015.

Here's what i see in the Screen Layouts:

TMP1.png

And for WebHelp skins:

tmp2.png

So I'd like to see where you are seeing this.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think I must have installed it off of Willam's site at some point - here's what my New Screen Layout shows:

Capture.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Interesting. And thanks for sharing!

I'm wondering if it when whoosh and was deleted when he moved everything to the HelpEssentials site. Likely because if one has Responsive HTML 5, they say "good riddance" to the Multiscreen output.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 24, 2016 Nov 24, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Here's the free PnP-WH-Generic Multiscreen one: PnP-WH-Generic HTML5 | WvanWeelden.eu  Haven't looked at it in years, so not guarantees that it still works as designed 😉

@Rick: I indeed whooshed everything over, except the Multiscreen stuff that I'm not doing much with. Though I still use Multiscreen! If you need a truly frameless output (no iFrame), you'll need the Multiscreen variant.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 22, 2016 Nov 22, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Indeed, Multiscreen is kind of ugly. Keep in mind that you are also two major versions behind. There have been improvements to the output. Multiscreen was Adobe's first attempt at HTML 5. In RoboHelp 11 as well as 2015 Release, we now have Responsive HTML 5. And that's much improved and especially with the latest release, much easier to manipulate colors and whatnot.

You should consider downloading an evaluation version and kicking the tires.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The odds of my company upgrading might be negative, less than zero. Nice idea, but no way to get a budget for that Rick.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LOL, I do understand that.

However, if you are able to clearly demonstrate where an upgrade could actually end up resulting in a cost SAVIINGS, you might be surprised. Sometimes the tightest of purse strings are opened as a result.

If I were in your shoes and trying to make a case, I would calculate the time involved for overcoming the issues you face without upgrading.

Then compare that to the cost of an upgrade.

But that's your call.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp