RoboHelp HTML Version 11 - Is it possible to generate Word document if I have Word 2013 64-bit?

May 01, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have tried creating Printed Documentation with Word 2013 64-bit version installed and have gotten error messages. Is there a work around? Is this possible.

TOPICS
Documentation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

RoboHelp HTML Version 11 - Is it possible to generate Word document if I have Word 2013 64-bit?

May 01, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have tried creating Printed Documentation with Word 2013 64-bit version installed and have gotten error messages. Is there a work around? Is this possible.

TOPICS
Documentation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
May 01, 2015 0
May 03, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This one has been raised several times and it's the same answer still. A project might work with Word 2013 64 bit but if it doesn't then you have to take into account that Microsoft themselves recommend the 32 bit version for compatibility with other programs.

Is the 64 bit version offering you something that the 32 bit version does not?

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Please use the blue Reply button at the top to help me help you. The black Reply link nests replies and they sort out of order.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 03, 2015 0
May 04, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I tried this (uninstalling 64-bit and installing 32-bit) and still have no success. I still continue to get an error message from Microsoft office that it cannot start the program.

error message.gif

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 04, 2015 0
May 04, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can open Word itself all right? You only get the error when creating printed documentation, right? This is a stretch, but are macro's enabled? Perhaps something there is in the way.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 04, 2015 0
May 04, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, Word works fine on its own. I have changed the macro settings but still get the same message. I'm stumped as to what else would be causing this problem.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 04, 2015 0
May 04, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you first start Word after installing?

Please use the blue Reply button at the top to help me help you. The black Reply link nests replies and they sort out of order.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 04, 2015 0
mj1904 LATEST
May 04, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We resolved the problem by installing the updates for version 11. Given it was a new copy of the application, hadn't thought about needing to install updates.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 04, 2015 0