• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RoboHelp HTML Version 7 - when does support end for Version 7?

Feb 18, 2016 Feb 18, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'll repeat the question here: RoboHelp HTML Version 7 - when does support end for Version 7?

Thanks, Chuck

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 18, 2016 Feb 18, 2016

You say "I'll repeat the question here" as if you have been ignored. Where did you post because I haven't seen this asked recently.

I understand Adobe's support policy to be for the current and previous version. That would mean support ended with the introduction of RoboHelp 9 which was around June 2011.

For most purposes you should get all the support you need here but that will be limited as the forum supporters have all moved on to later versions. Thus it is down to what we can remember.

Whether

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What kind of “support” are you talking about? Updates? Forget it – waaay too old now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jeff, talking about normal customer problem support: I'm not concerned

with updates. We use version 7 here & I'm concerned that we should update

soon.

Thanks, Chuck

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can always ask about how to do stuff, but with RH7 you have zero support for any WebHelp browser security issues. What flavour of help are you producing with RH7?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We create html help, FlashHelp & Webhelp. Had no problems so far: I'm just

looking to the future. I think we'll continue with v7 until things become

out of whack, then we'll upgrade.

Thanks for your help, Chuck

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow, you must insist on really old browsers to handle your WebHelp!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I was about to post something similar.

Waiting until "things get out of whack" seems a bit short sighted to me. All it will take is for your IT staff to perform what will seem like a minor browser upgrade. Then things will suddenly collapse and folks will be looking at you and asking why.

If I were in your shoes, I'd be asking for an upgrade as soon as possible. But that's just me. I've been in that corporate world and I know how things like upgrades are viewed. And I'm aware that it takes time. Which sort of underscores my point. When things fall apart (notice I didn't say IF, but WHEN) it will take even longer to get them back in order if you have to wait for the "blinding speed of a glacier" movement of corporate pats on the back and stamps of approval for upgrades.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You say "I'll repeat the question here" as if you have been ignored. Where did you post because I haven't seen this asked recently.

I understand Adobe's support policy to be for the current and previous version. That would mean support ended with the introduction of RoboHelp 9 which was around June 2011.

For most purposes you should get all the support you need here but that will be limited as the forum supporters have all moved on to later versions. Thus it is down to what we can remember.

Whether or not you stick with your current version will depend on your outputs. If it is CHMs you should be fine and Print will be OK as long as you stick with a version of Word supported by Rh7. If you need to generate WebHelp, expect all sorts of problems for which there will be no solution.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Peter, no I didn't think I was being ignored. I believe I posted

under 'html help'.

I had a strong feeling there is no longer any Adobe support for v7 since

it is many releases ago.

We haven't had any problems at all, including generating Webhelp.

I think we'll continue with v7 until problems appear, then we'll upgrade.

Thanks for your help, Chuck

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp