• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RoboHELP import from Dr. Explain

Community Beginner ,
Mar 11, 2021 Mar 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could someone please tell me if it is possible to import a Dr. Explain project to RoboHELP? It's a .gui file. I'm beginning to think it's not possible, but it'd be useful to get a definitive answer.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

According to their site it is software that generates a help system. I'd guess you have to try importing the HTML files.

Why would you be wanting to do this? Curious as I hadn't even heard of it before. 

Good luck with this one.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Honestly, I hadn't ever heard of it either. It's a situation where we'd like to absorb a company's help into our own. They used Dr. Explain, we use RoboHELP. I'm seeing if there was some way other than HTML import to do this, as so far, they've only sent me .gui package files to work with. I think I will request the HTML output, as I think that'll probably go easier.

Much thanks for your feedback.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 12, 2021 Mar 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

See if the can generate a CHM, they should be able to. They are quite easy to reverse engineer into a Classic RoboHelp project. Reverse Engineering (grainge.org)

You have 2019 so you have the last Classic version. Open the reverse engineered project in that and then upgrade it to the new UI.

Try a straight import of the Dr Explain HTML first.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp