• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Robohelp output for Salesforce and Force.com applications

Community Beginner ,
Aug 26, 2014 Aug 26, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Would anyone have any recommendations for best project output to use to create online help for third-party application running on Salesforce and force.com platform. Also any other advice or tips for creating online help for salesforce applications would be appreciated. Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 28, 2014 Aug 28, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What does 'running on Salesforce and force.com platform' mean? Is it a plugin installed within Salesforce? Or are you using Salesforce but the users don't see this?

Kind regards,

Willam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Salesforce provides the force.com platform to let third-party developers develop their own cloud applications that run on Salesforce/force.com infrastructure/servers and share common services like login/authentication/database services, user interfaces, etc.. Salesforce provides help for its own applications, but obviously not for other independent apps. So, I need to generate help content that I can upload along with one of these outside application to Salesforce servers, so help links in the application's user interface can call up online help. I have not seen many resources from Salesforce on criteria/requirements for online help files they expect, other than it can display HTML pages and context help through bookmarks to specific locations within help files. I thought some people in the forum might have some advice about specific ways to use Robohelp to generate compatible help files for these types of Salesforce apps. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also will need to figure out how to direct RoboHelp content to a Salesforce Knowledge Base. Hope to gain insight once I get access to SalesForce!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 01, 2014 Sep 01, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

In this case, it would require a web server where you place the files, whether that's located at salesforce or not, and place the output there. As I'm not familiar with Salesforce, I can't tell you how to do it in the force platform.

As for the second part, you can add regular hyperlinks in RoboHelp to the Saleforce Knowledge Base. You can even add links to those files in the menu! If you want something more complicated, (context sensitive help like) you will have to use an API provided by salesforce. I would try a salesforce developer forum or contacting salesforce support directly,

Kind regards,

Willam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp