Highlighted

Robohelp Responsive

New Here ,
Mar 09, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have a few queries regarding Robohelp 11 Responsive HTML 5 Output:

1. Is Output supported by IE 9 and above browsers?
  2. What is the font size that we should use for body text of a topic so that it is readable in desktop, tablet and phone athe same time?
  3. Can a sample help be shared that is generated as responsive html?
  4. Are there any guidelines for developing help using responsive html 5 ?
  5. How to adjust the size of the logo? I need to insert a logo with a latrger size. But the logo placeholder will take a smaller size. How to adjust it?
  6. How to adjust the size of the images of the contents, glossary, index-i am unable to resize?

Please can you help with my queries?

Topics

HTML5 layout

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Robohelp Responsive

New Here ,
Mar 09, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have a few queries regarding Robohelp 11 Responsive HTML 5 Output:

1. Is Output supported by IE 9 and above browsers?
  2. What is the font size that we should use for body text of a topic so that it is readable in desktop, tablet and phone athe same time?
  3. Can a sample help be shared that is generated as responsive html?
  4. Are there any guidelines for developing help using responsive html 5 ?
  5. How to adjust the size of the logo? I need to insert a logo with a latrger size. But the logo placeholder will take a smaller size. How to adjust it?
  6. How to adjust the size of the images of the contents, glossary, index-i am unable to resize?

Please can you help with my queries?

Topics

HTML5 layout

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
LEGEND ,
Mar 09, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. Responsive HTML5 is supported on IE9 and up.
  2. I'd recommend a font size between 10pt and 12pt. If you want to use EM, use between 0.8 and 1 em for regular text. EM scales so will scale to the device specifications. (Though RH doesn't like you working with em.)
  3. I don't have a full example help system I can share. But you can generate one of the sample projects from RoboHelp and see how they work.
  4. Keep it short: Little text and go easy on large images. You don't have much space on mobile, so make sure to keep it concise. Be careful of using tables as they don't scale well to small screens. The best way to get into writing for mobile is orienting on usability research, for example from the NielsenNorman Group. (This point is somewhat of a summary.)
  5. In the main.css of the layout, search for all occurances of div.logo. You can change the dimensions there. It's of course a bit more complicated than that. Please take a look at these webinars to help you get started:
  6. See webinars of point 5.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 10, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much!!!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines