• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Robohelp search/find problems 2019

Explorer ,
Oct 30, 2020 Oct 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When trying to Find in Robohelp 2019 it goes straight to an xpj (code) page and finds my search. Then asks if I want to start from the begining. When  I click OK it either keeps staying on the xpj page or starts searching the TOC. Under 'Look in' I have Current Project chosen.

The searching of the TOC just started this morning. Find is very unpredictable and I need to use it but can't trust it at this point.

Any ideas?

image (4).png

image (5).png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 30, 2020 Oct 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try changing what is in Files of Type.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 01, 2020 Nov 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Peter's suggestion should fix it.

I'd also recommend unticking the "Use: " checkbox unless you are specifically doing a regular expression or wildcard search. Mostly it probably won't make a difference, but some characters like parentheses or . or / might give you unexpected results when the setting is on.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 02, 2020 Nov 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good catch Amber. That will definitely screw that search.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 02, 2020 Nov 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you Ambre and Peter.

It is searching properly now. 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp