Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RoboHelp Server Alternatives

New Here ,
Apr 14, 2021 Apr 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

We are currently using RH 11. I am not sure which Robo Srver we are using.

I have a silly question. Is it possible to use an alternative server for RH 11? The reason I am asking is because we have upgrade our servers and our current Robo Server is not compatible. So we have been using an old one. IT does not like that and asked us if we can upgade or purchase a different authoring tool.

We are on a budget crunch and it looks like we won't be able to upgrade to RH 2019 and RoboServer 10 or 11. That is why i was wondering if there is an alternative server that can work with RH 11.

Thaanks,

Andre

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

RH and RH Server are two separate products - are you hosting your output on a server running RH Server? If you're creating WebHelp Pro from RH11, then you probably have RH Server running on the hosted location.

If you're talking about running RH11 on a server, that's a completely different question - most of the time that's not how it's designed to be run.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Server is designed to work with specific versions of RoboHelp. It is not designed to work with any other tool.

There is no alternative to server no matter what version. It's Adobe's product or nothing to get all the features. There may be some tools that will perform specific functions such as stats but they will be limited.

IT wants, IT pays? 🙂

You do realise RoboHelp can work without RoboHelp Server? Some people think you need both.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Peter,

Thank you for the response.

I figured that it wasn't possible, but i wanted to double check.

I do have another question regarding the RH can work without using the RoboServer. First thing, we are not using the WebHelp Pro output nor do we run reports at all. We just use RH to publish and use WebHelp and that's all.

There are two of us that works in RH and we do use RoboSource Conrol 3.1 for version control. 

If we uninstall RoboServer, can we still use RH and RoboSource Control? If so, that means we can move everything to the updated servers and not worry about using the RoboSever. 

Thanks,

Andre

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can use RoboHelp without server. It sounds like someone thought it was required on the server to make RoboHelp work, it isn't. 

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Peter,

Thank you for responding again. I believe years ago they used WebHelp Pro for the reports feature and theyy installed RoboServer. Now that we don't use WebHelp Pro, it loosk like we don't need the server.

Thanks,

Andre

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can also continue to use source control with RoboHelp, that also does not require RoboHelp Server. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Again, thank you for responding and confirming. Thatr is great news. I can let IT know that they can uninstall RoboServer and we can upgrade.

Thanks,

Andre

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was referring to your existing version of RoboHelp working with your version of RoboHelp Source Control. I'm not sure the later version is compatible. I will come back tomorrow on that. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also do you realise you will have to upgrade to RoboHelp 2020 and it is a very different product?

See the RoboHelp Tour.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Let's not get too many things mixed here and make too many assumptions 🙂

Andre, let's have a look at the licenses you actually have in place, what your use case scenario is, and what the best approach moving forward is (with or without RoboHelp Server or with AEM).

I have checked with the Adobe account manager for your organization and we will get in touch with you tomorrow and analyze the situation offline.

Have a great day everyone!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Stefan knows far more about your scenario than I could so best that he takes things from here. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp