Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RoboHelp SharePoint Connector

New Here ,
May 27, 2016 May 27, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Installed a trial version of RoboHelp 2015 on Windows 7. I have a SharePoint 2010 using SSL with FBA authentication and ASPNetSql Membership. The server is running and operational and Users are able to login.

When I tried to setup "RoboHelp SharePoint Connector" and "Test Connection", I keep getting an error message that says "Remote server returned an error (403) Forbidden". Does RoboHelp support SSL connection? Does the trial version disable this feature? Or, am I missing something here?

I googled but could not find an answer.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 30, 2016 May 30, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The trial version is a fully fledged version, no disabled features.

I'm not really into FBA Authentication, nor do I know what ASPNetSql Membership means. Normally, you log in via Windows authentication using the same credentials you use for your Windows machine. But that only works if your SharePoint is linked to the Active Directory.

In the connector, you have an option to disable Windows Authentication. Try unchecking that and typing in your DOMAIN\USERNAME and Password. Does that help?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 31, 2016 May 31, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks you for your response.

I take it RoboHelp does not support Form Based Authentication (FBA) with membership provider other than Active Directory. Will this feature be available on future versions? How soon?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a feature request you best submit to Adobe: Home

Only Adobe can answer these questions. We are a user forum and we don't know which features Adobe will add before releasing them to us.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp