Exit

RoboHelp topic review workflow

New Here ,
Sep 03, 2015 Sep 03, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a RoboHelp topic review workflow that allows

1. for multiple simultaneous reviewers
  2. reviewers to see each other's comments?

I'm evaluating RoboHelp 2015 and have played with the PDF Review workflow.  However, PDFs don't allow simultaneous reviews.  Each reviewer would have to work on their own version of the review PDF, which means they wouldn't see comments from other reviewers.

I appreciate anything you all can share as to your review process within your company. Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 04, 2015 Sep 04, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you get the Technical Communcation Suite, you can enable the "Send for shared review" option. This will allow you to use SharePoint or an Acrobat compatible server to gather comments in a central location. Each reviewer has a copy of the PDF and publishes comments to the server. Of course, everyone can also get the comments of all other reviewers of the server. Note that your reviewers still only need the free Acrobat PDF Reader.

Alternatively, if everyone has a RoboHelp license, you can also enable track changes in RoboHelp and use source control to keep everyone's changes in sync.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 04, 2015 Sep 04, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We already have SharePoint. We're not interested in FrameMaker, just RoboHelp. I don't need both tools, and I'm the only writer. Is there a "Send for shared review" option in RoboHelp? I can't look now as my trial version ended yesterday. thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 05, 2015 Sep 05, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Send for Shared Review is included in RoboHelp, but you need Acrobat Pro. I'm not sure whether the review only works when you have Acrobat as part of the suite. Perhaps someone else knows that restriction.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 05, 2015 Sep 05, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The requirement of the suite has gone away from RoboHelp 2015. One just needs RoboHelp and Acrobat Pro.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp