• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Robohelp User Manual

Explorer ,
Feb 04, 2021 Feb 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a comprehensive user manual for robohelp? 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which version? 

Online or print? 

You do mean manual rather than training? 

There's quite a bit of information in The RoboHelp Tour on my site if online will help. 

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

print or online, either is fine. I just need something comprehensive. It was easy to add a button in 2019 Classic, but I havent figured out how to do it in 2019.  I have a few issues in 2019 (code errors causing text to disappear) and I need a comprehensive guide. 

I am open to training, the one course that I saw seemed to be 50% basic stuff. I need an intermediate or advanced class. 

I have used your tour and it is a great asset.

I don't understand how the price of software has doubled or tripled and the documentation has decreased by 80%.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 09, 2021 Feb 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Right there with you, Teresa. After attending all the basic lessons and reading the online User Guide, many questions weren't answered. 

In the course of about two years working on different RoboHelp projects, we became experts ourselves. But it would be nice to have an advanced training or a manual giving all the useful hints right from the beginning.

Maybe we should start an open RoboHelp project and work on this as a community...?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The official Adobe RoboHelp User Guide can be found here:

https://helpx.adobe.com/robohelp/user-guide.html

(Also acessible from RoboHelp through Help > Online Help)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 08, 2021 Feb 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

that is not comprehensive.

it is a cursory get started guide. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And I think Kevin @Kevin Siegel (Kevin over at iconlogic.com) has RH2019 books out & is working on a RH2020 one too...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 05, 2021 Feb 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes Kevin does a good guide and does online courses as well but I don't think the standard courses are what @teresab82435819 needs. I doubt any course covers code errors causing text to disappear.

For things like that it's usually Support or these forums. See https://helpx.adobe.com/contact/enterprise-support.other.html#robohelp for your support contact options.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 09, 2021 Feb 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The problem with authoring any guide is that like any software it is constantly evolving and the users have a widely ranging skill level.

Going way back there were third party guides but the problem they faced was the time required to publish after release of a version and and the window in which to recoup the cost before a new version came out. 

The latest versions use strict HTML5 and CSS3 so you can pretty much do whatever you like that complies with those rules. Anyone with a seriously deep knowledge of those is more likely to pursue other roles that pay more money.

Typically people will use online courses to get started and then develop their skills just to get to the level they want. Along with that they will use resources such as these forums and sites like mine where they can get information without payment. Companies will pay for starter courses, although that is getting more difficult, but then many will take the line you're on your own.

One person will want this little tweak while another will want that little tweak and forums are ideal for that. To cover all the things that people might want is a more monumental task than I think is being appreciated here. I've done my best on my site and in the RoboHelp Tour to throw in many tips based on what I have learned. That has taken about twenty years. I'm getting older so if anyone wants to take it on and add what is seen to be missing, drop me a line. 🙂

An open project will need source control and management. Is anyone offering the resources with the backing of their IT department allowing anyone on to their servers? 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp