• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Robohelp webhelp is not opening in Chrome. Does anyone have a way to fix this issue?

New Here ,
Jan 05, 2016 Jan 05, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has an

Has anyone else dealt with this issue? Please help.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, there are patches for some versions of RH – see Willam’s site (wvanweelden.eu) for the list.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When posting please always give your version of RoboHelp. It is important,

particularly with questions such as this one.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Robohelp version is 12.0.2.384 on Windows 7 Professional.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 06, 2016 Jan 06, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I haven't seen this problem yet. I just tried WebHelp on RH2015.0.2 on Windows 10 and it seems to work at first glance.

What exactly is happening? Does the help get into an infinite reload loop or something? Also, does this happen with WebHelp output from one of the sample projects as well? If you open the Developer console with F12, do you get any errors on the Console tab?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 06, 2016 Jan 06, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using Chrome 47. When I generate the webhelp locally, it does open in Chrome. The issue occurs when the webhelp is bundled with our application and deployed on a server. I think this is the same issue that a patch was issued for RH 10 and 11. The issue is that upon clicking the Help button, a tiny blank help page appears in the bottom left of the screen. When you click the Help button again a larger blank help page appears and then immediately disappears.

When I click F12 there are 3 errors (they are all the same). The error is "Failed to load resource: 500 server responded with a status of 500 (internal server error).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 09, 2016 Jan 09, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A 500 error indicated a problem on the web server, nbot in the help. Do you have a reference to the fix you mention? There was a patch for Firefox. But that was required because of a bug in Firefox.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 05, 2016 Feb 05, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue with a web help RH v12.0.2.384 in Google Chrome 48.0.2564.103m.  My project opens & works fine in IE & Firefox, even when opening it locally in Google Chrome it works.  Generate & publish it and the only thing that appears is a flashing light blue banner at the top of the page. Any help or direction would be most welcome.  I've been to William's site & haven't found any nuggets there about this particular issue.  Did find a couple other "good to knows"!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 08, 2016 Feb 08, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a problem with Chrome. Basically when you publish the Help file locally, you need to test it with Edge or Firefox. (Dont use IE... unless you just want to cross-check layout. IE is dead tech at this point.)

The Help File will look fine in chrome when you put it on the server.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 09, 2016 Feb 09, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So it works locally but not on a server? If you open the developer tools (F12) do you then get any errors?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm a novice with RH...when viewing it "locally" i meant using "control w" to see it as chrome page.  when launching it from our website via a chrome after generating & publishing, i only see the flickering blue at the top of the page.  F12 yields the following:RH chrome F12.PNG

As mentioned in my original post Firefox, IE, Edge no problems.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In RH vocabulary, Ctrl+W is a preview. Viewing locally is generating the output and opening it from your hard drive. You can also place the content on a web server and view it from there.

Which version of RobHelp are you using? RH9 and below won't work on Chrome when viewed locally. But it works when placing it on a web server.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

here's the RH & Chrome version: RH v12.0.2.384 in Google Chrome 48.0.2564.103m

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just tried an output with the exact same versions and it worked fine

The error seem to indicate that a script isn't being loaded correctly. What happens if you generate Responsive HTML5 output. Does it work then? Also, is this only on your computer? If you generate with RH from another computer, does it work then? (If you have a second pc available.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i'll try it on another machine as well as output & see what happens.  Really appreciate your feedback & suggestions - thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

William - located the issue (and yes, i am an idiot!)...thinking about what you mentioned about another machine, the issue lies with my VPN.  As soon i launched the project outside of the VPN, it loaded & ran like a champ.  live & learn...thanks again for your insight & patients.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp