• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RoboHelp2015 Tables not displaying in webhelp output

Participant ,
Apr 24, 2018 Apr 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We have a table in a dropbox where I created a table style. When you add the table and table style in the dropbox, the table looks great. When you Preview the topic, the table in the dropbox looks great. When you generate the Webhelp(Pro) output, the tables in the dropboxes no longer have borders anywhere when there should be borders for every row and column. Is there a specific way to define table styles (a specific order like whole table first, then first row, etc.) to make them display properly? For example, if I try to apply all borders for the "whole table" sometimes the lines appear in the "table style preview box" and sometimes they don't. It seems like the more I try to get these defined properly, the more the tables get messed up. I've even changed a table style and had it mess up another table style even though they are independent of each other.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 27, 2018 Apr 27, 2018

WebHelp Pro must not be used if you don't have RoboHelp Server, it will

give problems.

As you have generated Pro to the server, you must now clear the folder on

the server and then generate and publish (upload) WebHelp, not WebHelp Pro.

Peter Grainge

www.grainge.org

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you hosting your output on a server running RoboHelp Server? If not, then you should switch to generating WebHelp - the "Pro" variant is especially whipped up to suit RHServer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes we are hosting our output on a RoboHelp Server. I essentially cannot get the table styles to work properly with borders and alignment in many cases when Webhelp Pro is the output. I've even made a change to one table style and had it change the style of another table style. They were created independent of each other. Is this table style feature as "bug" filled as I think?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 25, 2018 Apr 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What do you mean by a dropbox?

In the table editor, the term Whole Table means the outer borders of the table. If you want all cells to have a grey border of say n pixels, select Odd Rows and Top Left and apply that formatting, then do the same for Even Rows. In the preview your table should now look OK except for the extreme right and bottom borders. Select Whole Table and apply the formatting with Bottom Right selected.

Whether the help is WebHelp or WebHelp Pro should not make any difference. Are you saying it does?

See www.grainge.org for free RoboHelp and Authoring information.

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My apologies.....I meant drop down text. I changed the settings of my table style as you suggested and really appreciate the great tips. Unfortunately, I'm still having the problem. I even used a larger n pixel size to make sure the lines would display in my output and could be seen well.

Below is an example of the table with my table style applied as shown in the topic and when you preview the topic:

dropdown preview.png

Below is the same table in the published topic:

dropdown after.png

As you can see, the outer border appears in the published topic, but that is it. Even the headings are not centered like they should be. We are moving to Responsive HTML, which the tables look great, but not for another few months. With the number of topics we have to prepare for the conversion, we must continue to produce Webhelp Pro and then make the switch to Responsive HTML output at the last minute. I think it is strange that the same tables will work in one output format, but not the other.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you publish a WebHelp output to a web server? It can be the same server

as long as you don't publish to RoboHelp Server. Same problem?

If you can't, create a one topic project using the same CSS and publish

that to RoboHelp Server. Same problem?

Peter Grainge

www.grainge.org

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Apr 26, 2018 Apr 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are onto something there Peter. When we generate the output locally the table works. After we publish to the web server the tables lose the borders and formatting stated in my table style. I'm attempting to contact our web server group, but I'm not sure what they need to do like enable/disable a feature on the server to make this work. I may need to contact Adobe directly and see if there is fix for this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You might check over in the RoboServer forum to see what version RHServer needs to be to match RH2015 output. If you're able to copy the output to another web server (not running RH Server) you could test if it's an effect of RHServer or not.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This thread may also apply to you too - Post-processing mods not showing

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I confirmed and we are publishing to a web server not running RH Server. I don't do any post processing to the files like the other post you suggested. We have some additional topics that use table styles that I want to see if they work when we publish our entire project on Friday. It will be interesting to see what happens with those tables as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hang on - in post#2 you said that you were using a RH Server install to hold the output - now you say that you're not? If that's the case, I would switch over to generating WebHelp (not WebHelpPro).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Apr 27, 2018 Apr 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry for the confusion. I'm am new and discovering how the publishing process is done. Apparently, we generate our webhelp pro output to a directory on our local drive and then FTP the files to the web server. I looked at the files before the upload and the tables look fine. The tables are unformatted after uploading them to the web server. We were only replacing the changed files and will try replacing them all when we publish today. I'm also wondering, Jeff, if we should be generating WebHelp instead as you suggest. The testing goes on. I appreciate everyone's help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

WebHelp Pro must not be used if you don't have RoboHelp Server, it will

give problems.

As you have generated Pro to the server, you must now clear the folder on

the server and then generate and publish (upload) WebHelp, not WebHelp Pro.

Peter Grainge

www.grainge.org

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Peter (and Jeff) are right. When I saw that you had FTPd the files to your server, I knew something was amiss, because with RoboHelp Server an author must use the official Publishing workflow from their application directly to the Rh Server.

Also, Dropdown hotspots require a lot of Javascript and CSS to make the magic work. Plus, you have the additional complication of table styles...and who knows about Browser compatibility messing things up.

Which reminds me, it's even more important to make sure you've applied ALL updates to your Rh application to take advantage of browser compatibility issues at this link:

Adobe - Support : RoboHelp Support Center : Service Releases

John Daigle

Adobe Certified RoboHelp and Captivate Instructor

Evergreen, Colorado

www.showmethedemo.com

John Daigle
Adobe Certified RoboHelp and Captivate Instructor
Newport, Oregon

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Apr 30, 2018 Apr 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You all were correct. We did a publish of our project using Webhelp instead of Webhelp Pro and everything worked beautifully. I guess whoever set up this publishing instructions wasn't aware of this difference and they have luckily not run into any problems for the last 2.5 years. With converting to Responsive HTML we are preparing for the switch over but need to redo all our tables using styles so we can change colors of headings and other things when we do the switch. I am so thankful for everyone's assistance and my learnings are growing thanks to you all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp