• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RoboServer Invalid or Expired License

Explorer ,
Mar 31, 2018 Mar 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As of today, my published WebHelp Pro projects no longer open. They worked as of last night. 

Page says Invalid or Expired License.

Try to access RoboHelp Server Administration jsp and receive same message.

Only post I found was from 2013.

We are running Adobe RoboHelp Server 10 on a Windows Server 2016 Standard.

Our authoring tool is RoboHelp 2017 (RH 2017 13.0.2.334).

I am not sure which version of Tomcat we are running.  I am also unaware of any changes but I have a ticket into our IT Ops department looking to see if there were configuration changes.

Just thought I'd post this to see if by chance, it's a known and fixable issue.

Thanks,

Julie

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Mar 31, 2018 Mar 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Julie
I have reached out to Adobe directly to assist. Thanks

John Daigle

Adobe Certified RoboHelp and Captivate Instructor

Evergreen, Colorado

www.showmethedemo.com

John Daigle
Adobe Certified RoboHelp and Captivate Instructor
Newport, Oregon

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 01, 2018 Apr 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Julie,

We would be glad to look into the issue. I have sent you a PM.

I would request you to reply to my message. Let me know if you have any questions.

Regards

Ashish Kumar

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Invalid or Expired License, means your RHS license has expired due to some reasons. If you were on trial license then your 30 day trial may got expired.

If you have a full license you may want to check if your machine is connected to Internet. This may also occur due to your office firewalls. Firewalls may sometime block RHS to contact Adobe Servers for activation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you John Daigle and Ashish, I have forwarded the license information.

@eLearning Pundits - I have a message out to our IT Ops regarding the server connection and configuration.  We purchased a full license over almost a year ago.  This is the first time this has occurred. Thank you for info about firewalls.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

To give an update.  Adobe verified that there was nothing wrong with our license.  The server did not have a firewall and all necessary URLs for Adobe were white-listed.  The server was rebooted and the error message no longer displayed.  I am able to access the admin utility and access the published projects.  There have been previous times when we needed to reboot but have never received this licensing error first.  Usually, and sadly, we just learn that it is down when a customer or internal employee reports it.  We are going to pull the logs and look for underlying issues.  We currently have 2 GB RAM as recommended by Adobe but will bump it to 4 and then ask one of our DBA's to restrict SQL to 2GB max to give the application and operating system some breathing room. I appreciate everyone's insight and thank you, John Daigle, for reaching out directly.  Thanks to Ashish, as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp