• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

ROBOSERVER9, ROBOHELP10, SEARCH NOT RETURNING EXPECTED RESULTS

New Here ,
Jul 13, 2016 Jul 13, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello we upgraded from RoboServer8 to RoboServer9 and from RoboHelp8 to RoboHelp10 and now all of the help projects on the server return unexpected search results.  Meaning that we search for terms that we know are in our help project, such as "delete" and "piping" and no results are returned.  Other terms, search results are returned.  We now have customers reporting issues like this and need to fix this ASAP.  I have searched Adobe resources here and found a couple of patches, scripts, etc., but nothing has fixed this issue.  Through the troubleshooting process, it appears that it might be the server instead of the client RoboHelp since it is affecting all projects.  After each patch, or restart of the server, I have tried to republish, but this has not fixed the problem.  I had admin change config on server not to index there, but use the client.  This took quite a while to complete (over 24 hours).  Afterwards, I republished and this did not fix the issue.  I am testing in different versions of IE, chrome, safari and same results in all browsers.  Anyone experience this previously and could help me troubleshoot, I would certainly appreciate it.  Thanks, Lana Johnson

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Jul 14, 2016 Jul 14, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Lana

This forum is for peer to peer support and Adobe does not monitor all the posts here.

I'm short on time and suggest you open a ticket with Adobe Technical Support.

Adobe Technical Communication Customer Support

Ask them to escalate your request to an engineer familiar with Adobe RoboHelp Server specifically..

Meanwhile, I'll do what I can to help. Please email me directly using my profile email address? Once we've sorted things out, I'll come back to the forum and post the results.

Thanks

John Daigle

Adobe Certified RoboHelp and Captivate Instructor

Evergreen, Colorado

www.showmethedemo.com

John Daigle
Newport, Oregon

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 20, 2016 Oct 20, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After making a few config changes on the WebHelp Pro help build dialogs the search is working properly for me when I view from the server or even in the product.  However, it's not working for others who view the help through the product in our QA environment and production environments as well.  Why would it work for me, but not others?  Any suggestions?  Thanks, Lana

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please explain "the product" in your QA environment and production environments. Is your WebHelp Pro content the Product, or do you mean there is a web application that uses WebHelp Pro for help. In this regard, it depends on how the WebHelp Pro content is being "connected" to the app by the developers. From here, it's hard to know the setup of the "environments" you refer to.

Also, what does "not working" for others mean? Are you referring to your previous post about the Search box, or are you referring to some other problem? Can they see your help at all? etc.

John

John Daigle

Evergreen, Colorado

www.showmethedemo.com

John Daigle
Newport, Oregon

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi John

Thanks for the feedback.

Our help is generated in WebHelp Pro format to the RoboServer9 and then the URL that is produced is provided to the Development team to include in our EFM product through the Help link.  There are two environments where are EFM product resides (QA and Production).  In each case there is a help link for testing in the QA environment and one that our end users see in our Production hosted environment for customers (final product, final help).

I have tested the new build of help from the "View Project" on the RoboServer and in our QA enviornment and in both cases the previous issue of not finding searched terms that we KNOW are in the help project, was resolved for me and I could search for the terms and they were found.  However,, when others from QA team or my doc team searched using the same QA environment with the same build of help, the search term issue was not resolved.

Now, I have found that if the following search box appears

new search box in OLH.pngold search box in help.png

Then the search term, like delete provides results, but if the the following search box is shown (2nd image) it says no search results found. 

The issue now is in some cases I see the first search box which works, but sometimes the 2nd search box is shown and no results are found.  For others that are testing the help, the 2nd search window is the only one that is always shown, so therefore no search results are returned for certain terms we know are in the help project.  I know this is a crazy unique problem, I think, but I can't figure it out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Lana

As you mention, we are really getting into the weeds here. There are so many environment variables, it's hard to get a grasp of what might be causing this. My suspicion is that different people are accessing the content from different web browsers that may or may not support various elements such as Javascript/CSS, Windows vs. Macintosh machines, etc. (a total guess!)

This is a peer to peer forum and time is limited. At this point I can only point you to Adobe Technical Support (ask to be escalated to those with Adobe RoboHelp Server knowledge).

I don't sell Adobe products at all. But, you realize, Rh 10 and Rh Server 9 are "ancient" versions. I suspect many of these issues can be cured with an upgrade to Adobe RoboHelp 2015 and Adobe RoboHelp Server 10 which take into account the latest browser changes, etc.

Thanks
john

John Daigle
Newport, Oregon

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm checking with the Development Team to see if they have any suggestions.  I was just trying to resolve the issue before we have a product release this weekend.  One of our larger clients, Cisco identified the problem.  In addition, the rest of the core Verint team tech writers have moved to MadCap Flare, and they want my team and I to move as well, so I was hoping to resolve for that reason as well.

Thanks for your help.

Regards,

Lana

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp