Highlighted

RoboSource Deleted and Still Impacting Projects?

Community Beginner ,
Aug 05, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A few tream members in my department had RoboSource removed a few weeks ago because for some reason, it was causing Windows Explorer to crash, consistently. Is there a chance that there are residual files which remain in their computers that could affect current projects? I looked in the registry, and it does not appear that the remaining RoboSource data should have any impact at all. However, my team is asking that I assure that any residual RoboSource related files on old projects will not “reinfect” the current projects they are working on.

My question is this: If the registry does not show any residual files, wouldn’t that mean that the program itself is gone? Wouldn't any residual files (if they remain) be dependent on the program being installed to have any impact?

Topics

Source control

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

RoboSource Deleted and Still Impacting Projects?

Community Beginner ,
Aug 05, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A few tream members in my department had RoboSource removed a few weeks ago because for some reason, it was causing Windows Explorer to crash, consistently. Is there a chance that there are residual files which remain in their computers that could affect current projects? I looked in the registry, and it does not appear that the remaining RoboSource data should have any impact at all. However, my team is asking that I assure that any residual RoboSource related files on old projects will not “reinfect” the current projects they are working on.

My question is this: If the registry does not show any residual files, wouldn’t that mean that the program itself is gone? Wouldn't any residual files (if they remain) be dependent on the program being installed to have any impact?

Topics

Source control

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
LEGEND ,
Aug 12, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How an application uses the registry is up to the application. If you use a tool like Revo Uninstaller, that will make sure you install everything, including references in the registry where you would not expect it.

The projects are separate from the RoboSource application. When you remove RoboSource, you will still need to unlink the projects from source control. See: October 2004 - Banishing the sorcery

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines