• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Running into Application Error when Uploading Word Files

New Here ,
Jan 16, 2020 Jan 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I work for a company where we are converting a grouping of documents from a siloed division into RoboHelp 2019. I am the Technical Writer and so are in charge of this process. I am running into an issue however where when I import Word Files into RH 2019, I get through the Word Import Settings and all seems okay, however when I go to press Import, it processes for approximately 10 seconds (15 page document only) and then throws this Application Error.

Has anyone else seen this beforehand, and if so, is there any suggested solutions?1.png

TOPICS
New UI

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What patch version of RH2019 are you running? If all up to date, you may find it works better by creating a blank RH2019 Classic project and importing Word content into it first, then convert it to the New UI.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also - keep your paths short - usually c:\projects\project_name\ is best practices.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the tip here, I have done that and then created a blank RH 2019 Classic before converting to New UI and it works as it should now. As for the patch version, would this be the version number of 2019.0.0?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, IIRC it's up to 10 patches now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, you're right, 2019.0.10, I will download and apply the patches as well, thanks! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 17, 2020 Jan 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@Jklimkait I recommend you change your username from your email address, unless you are expecting to hear from some solicitors who have millions they can send you. 🙂

www.grainge.org

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp