• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

SalesForce compatible output format (not integrated)

Community Beginner ,
Apr 15, 2021 Apr 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a best output format for content that would be destined to a remote SalesForce KB where it is not possible to integrate directly with RoboHelp?

I expect limitations such as internal linking, etc. that would not carry over. I am looking for a way to make it easier for someone to copy/paste or otherwise add the content into SalesForce without having to type all of the content in directly.

Thanks in advance.

RoboHelp 2020.4.173

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I thought you could select SaleForce as an output choice and it would generate .aspx files for you to either manually transfer or publish directly to SF.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried to create a Publish Profile for Salesforce?

Stefan-Gentz_0-1618496957548.png

You can then create an Output Preset and publish directly to SFKB:

Stefan-Gentz_1-1618497093221.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I cannot publish to this SalesForce instance. I also expect that if I provided the ASPX output there would be a conflict with their existing content, which needs to remain intact. 

I am looking for a way to manage the content I need to have them add in RoboHelp but generate output that would help that customer's team to add the relevant content into their environment. 

The answer may be a simple as providing them the content in Word and let them copy and paste from Word. That is fine if that is the best I can do from RoboHelp. 

RoboHelp 2020.4.173

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What exactly does "I cannot publish to this SalesForce instance" mean? Is it a technical issue? Or is it an access/rights issue (your customer does not allow you to publish from your RoboHelp to their SFKB)? If it's a rights issue, it is probably best to discuss this with your customer on a business relationship / contractual and IT level.

An alternative might be to hand over the RoboHelp project to the customer and let them publish it directly to SFKB. You could also directly collaborate with them, e.g., through GitHub which would avoid sending whole projects around and get into sync challenges.

It's obviously not the best you can do from RoboHelp to create a word document and then let your customer copy and paste stuff. The best is to publish directly to Salesforce KB from RoboHelp.

Or do I misunderstand something?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I cannot publish to the salesforce instance because it belongs to another company and I do not and will not have access. That will not change. 

I was looking for a potential way to provide the documentation to the customer in such a way as to reduce the effort on their part to add the content to SalesForce. I am trying to help them within the constraints of reality. 

What is it in that request that is so hard to understand?  In my initial post, I clearly stated that "content that would be destined to a remote SalesForce KB where it is not possible to integrate directly with RoboHelp". I did not intend for that part of the post to be in invisible ink. 

Anyhow - thanks for your replies. It appears that what I cannot simplify the process for my customer any more than providing them with the content in Word. 

RoboHelp 2020.4.173

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sorry, it was not clear to me from your initial post if it's a technical issue or some other issue. That's why I had asked about it. What about the other alternatives I had suggested?

You might also want to try the following:

Go to Output Presets, click the "+" icon, select "Knowledge Base" from the Type dropdown. Give it the Preset Name of your choice. Select Salesforce Knowledge Base from the Target dropdown. Click Done.

Double-click on the new Output Preset and set up General, Content, and Articles as per your needs.

In Salesforce just leave everything as is. Save.

Now click the Generate Preset button:

Stefan-Gentz_0-1618503735665.png

RoboHelp will now generate the output in the folder that you have defined for the output preset under General > Output Path.

Zip it and send it to your client and ask them if they can drop it into their KB.

If it works, you will have saved them a lot of time. If not – and cannot/do not want to give you access/publishing rights, they will probably have to bite the bullet and copy & paste from Word files …

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You didn't make it clear about you being an outside provider that wasn't able to work within the environment of the client (frankly, that's kind of abnormal AFAIK in the provider/client relationship).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp