Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Script error when opening a CHM file

Explorer ,
Oct 31, 2019 Oct 31, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

When I open a CHM file I generated from my RH 2019 Classic project, I get the following script error:

URL https: //code.jquery.com/jquery-3.2.1.min.js

I had a Captivate preso in my project, and I removed all files related to that project except for one folder with a "missing" topic (in Project Manager it displays with a red x), which I can't seem to remove. Any insight would be appreciated! Thank you!

Dawn 

TOPICS
Classic

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Nov 01, 2019 Nov 01, 2019

Hi Peter,

A co-worker was able to identify what was causing the jquery script error: it was a bit of code a former employee had put in the file to create a "show all" button to open up all drop-down text at once in a topic (a "nice to have" not a "must have") this code works with Responsive HTML5, which is our normal output type, but not with CHM. Thanks again for your help!

Dawn

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Nov 01, 2019 Nov 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try deleting the CPD file for the project, then reopen it and see if the missing topic still shows as missing.

www.grainge.org

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your reply, Peter! I just tried that and it didn't work. Do you know of anything else I can try?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same error with the CHM file and the missing topic still shows as missing

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you share the project? If you can, then see the Contact page on my site and send the project as instructed there. Do make sure you include a link to this thread and please do not email the project direct.

Also please note the request in my signature below.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The file is uploading now. Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

File transfer is complete!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

From what I can make out, the CPZ file you could not delete was added as a baggage file. How did you remove it? I am guessing you did so in File Explorer. I found the file referenced in rhbag.apj that lists all the baggage files.

With the project closed, open that file in in a text editor such as notepad, you will find the first entry is as below.

<file>
<name>app_Config_Desktop-Captivate_Test\Application_Config_Desktop.cpz</name>
<usercreated>true</usercreated>
<comments/>
</file>

Delete those lines only, close the file and then delete the project's CPD file. Reopen the project and you will see the folder is there but the missing file will not be listed and you will be able to delete the folder.

www.grainge.org

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks so much, Peter. I was able to delete the file and folder by following your advice. But, unfortunately, I'm still not able to generate a CHM file without the jquery error, even after restarting my computer. Any other suggestions? Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Peter,

A co-worker was able to identify what was causing the jquery script error: it was a bit of code a former employee had put in the file to create a "show all" button to open up all drop-down text at once in a topic (a "nice to have" not a "must have") this code works with Responsive HTML5, which is our normal output type, but not with CHM. Thanks again for your help!

Dawn

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I hadn't been able to get back to this so it was good news that meantime you have resolved it. That code definitely would not work in a CHM. 🙂

Depending on how it was implemented, perhaps you could tag it out for CHMs?

www.grainge.org

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 03, 2019 Nov 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Somewhat off topic, but as it sounds like you've just started generating them, I just thought I'd point out that chm is a Microsoft format that they haven't updated or supported in something like 18 years. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp