Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Script error with WebHelp

Community Beginner ,
Jul 10, 2018 Jul 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

I have asked a similar question about a year ago but I am having an issue. I generate WebHelp. It seems to generate fine in RoboHelp, but when the help is launched from the product (by clicking a Help button) and I select Search, I get a script error message. If I click Yes to continue running scripts, the Search function doesn't work. Any thoughts on how I could solve this issue? Any help is greatly appreciated.

I'm running RoboHelp version 2017 (13.0.2.334).

Thanks in advance!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Jul 13, 2018 Jul 13, 2018

Yes sorry, I was mistaken. But as it turned out our Webhelp, when launched from the product, was opening in IE10. Our developer added a registry key so the help opens in IE11. It all seems to work fine now.

Thank you for your help!

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jul 11, 2018 Jul 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't recall if that's the most current version of RH2017, but check out the Updates page just to make sure. What browser is being launched that's complaining about scripts? Is it happening with all browsers? Where is the help content located? Local or on a web server?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Thanks for your reply! Yup, It is the most current version of RH2017. It is launching in Internet Explorer on my computer but it is designed to launch from whatever browser is installed on a user's machine. The help launches from a file in the product.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm presuming that means it's located on your c:\ drive, right? What happens if you launch the help outside of your product (i.e. use Windows File Explorer to browse to wherever the index.htm launching page is located and open it in IE and other browsers)? Does it still throw the same script messages? If so, I would suspect that you need to allow JavaScript to run in your browser and if that doesn't solve it, add either the Mark of the Web setting to your output in RH or add the location on your c:\ drive as a "Trusted Location" inside IE.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We found the issue - our build server did not have Robohelp 2017 release 2 installed on our build server. RoboHelp 2017 Update 2 search not working on IE for Indigo . Thanks for your help!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That thread refers to HTML5 help - you said you were producing WebHelp - was that wrong?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 13, 2018 Jul 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes sorry, I was mistaken. But as it turned out our Webhelp, when launched from the product, was opening in IE10. Our developer added a registry key so the help opens in IE11. It all seems to work fine now.

Thank you for your help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp