Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Script for copying multiple folders and/or files in merged help

Community Beginner ,
Mar 23, 2020 Mar 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK,

So, working on a merged help project in RH2019. As we all know, there's very little that you can do in RH2019 at the parent project level for propagating files down through the projects - I set up variables in one of my merged projects and add or edit variables, I have to copy the updated variables folder over to all the other projects  With 20 merged projects, this is tedious and mind-numbing and prone to errors. Rick Quatro, who is a script developer extraordinaire (some of you might know him through Framemaker) has developed a script that lets me automate such a process and it has saved my time and sanity. You can copy files/folders w/ this script, rename files, replace files . . . It has allowed me to keep all my projects in sync w/ minimal overhead. I have included a screen capture of the very easy and intuitive UI for the script.

If you're interested in this script, you can contact him at https://www.frameexpert.com/.

And if I have broken any rules on this forum by posting this, my apologies in advance. I simply trying to help other members of the community who are working w/ the mind-boggling requirements of merged help w/ RH.

TVB

TOPICS
New UI

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
no replies

Have something to add?