• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

script issue... whutils.js

Community Beginner ,
Mar 26, 2015 Mar 26, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a problem with the visualization on the help files, that does not allow me to properly display the html file created.When I launch the HTML file generated with RH11, A message box appears, which indicates an error in the script WHUTILS.JS (the automation server can't create object ) for the instruction

xmlDoc = new ActiveXObject("Microsoft.XMLDOM");

I'm using a component of Visual Studio 2013 (based on Internet Explorer) to display the help in my program.

If i log-in in Windows with another user account (both users are administrators ) this issue doesn't occur.

I have already checked the most common cause of this error in to the security option of IE11:the settings are correctly configured and they are the same for both users, so how i can do to make it works correctly? Do you have any suggestion for me?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 02, 2015 Apr 02, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does this error only occur in IE11 or also in other browsers? Where is the help located? On a local disk, intranet, internet?

What is your output? Probably WebHelp, but better safe than sorry.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 03, 2015 Apr 03, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The help is located on local disk...the error appear when the help is displayed with the Web Browser of visual studio 2013 (using directly the IE browser ther's no problem) ... the strange thing is that changing user on the same PC, the error window is not displayed (both administrators).

I also tried to use other PC with the same configuration (operating system and browser)... but the problem does not exist.

Yes my output is WebHelp Pro.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 09, 2015 Apr 09, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is the browser of VS the same as Internet Explorer? I guess not since the behaviour is different. Does the issue also occur when the help is placed on a server?

Just for good measure: You are using WebHelp Pro. That means that you're also using the additional RoboHelp Server, right?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 13, 2015 Apr 13, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Willam van Weelden ha scritto:

Is the browser of VS the same as Internet Explorer? I guess not since the behaviour is different. Does the issue also occur when the help is placed on a server?

Just for good measure: You are using WebHelp Pro. That means that you're also using the additional RoboHelp Server, right?

yes ,the browser of VS it's the same of IE, normally i don't  use any server for publication because the help files will be placed on a local folder ... even trying to compile the project with Web Help the result it's the same.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 13, 2015 Apr 13, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thomas, if no server is involved, you need to use a different output type. WebHelp Pro is a special output that is designed to work with one of Adobe's other products known as "RoboHelp Server". You acquire this product separately and have your IT folks install it. Then you generate WebHelp Pro and publish that output to the RoboHelp Server.

All too often help authors will see this output type and gravitate immediately to it, thinking it somehow MUST be the "ultimate" type of ouptut with all manner of bells and whistles that the other outputs just don't offer. And sadly that's just not the case.

Basic WebHelp or possibly one of the HTML5 variants would be a better choice for you.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp