There is something wrong with my Chrome settings that is preventing me from running search in Responsive HTML5 Layout generated help.
When search is initiated in my chrome hosted environment, the search hangs (see picture) when Help is generated through Responsive HTML5 Layout or New Responsive HTML5 Layout. It works when generated in WebHelp, Multiscreen HTML5 or New Multiscreen HTML5
Note that my coworker can run the search perfectly fine on chrome (same current version) and tech support could also not reproduce the issue.
Has anyone else run into this and solved this? I think that I have a weird setting or library issue.
I am a day into trying to figure this out including several remote desktop sessions with Adobe RH tech support.
No issues in IE or Firefox. Also--this is new, I checked in the same help environment just a couple of weeks ago, no problem searching from Chrome browser in Responsive HTML5 on my machine.
Thanks in advance, any assistance is greatly appreciated! I'm throwing this out to the forum in the hope that someone else has run into this.
The fact that it's working for others indicates it's something with Chrome on your machine for sure.
As you say you have a co-worker that is able to use the search fine, are we able to assume that you mean your co-worker is accessing the content you produced? Or does the co-worker have their own copy of RoboHelp and they are producing output that works for them.
Assuming the former is true, it would seem there is nothing in your version of RoboHelp that is at fault, So really no need to reinstall TCS.
Assuming the latter is true, have you tried opening their output in your browser?
Sure seems to me that it's going to be some obscure Chrome issue or setting you will find that is to blame.
What is your co-worker's TCS version?
She is not running Adobe Products. I exported the output (New_Responsive_HTML5-Output zip folder)--she is on a mac--now when I access the same folder on my mac (where obv RH is not installed) I get the same non-working search result. [I run TCS products on Microsoft Remote Desktop on my Mac].
It is perplexing.
Yes, I am uploading the content to google drive and my co-worker can access the same build folder (New_Responsive_HTML5-Output), unzip it, open 'index.htm', and then search successfully. Same versions of everything and she has a lot of the same stuff on her machine.
I have re-installed chrome, disabled all add-ins, reset chrome settings to original defaults.
As noted, webhelp and Multiscreen HTML work fine, I agree that it is an environmental config issue on my machine (both mac and windows which is weird) AND something in conflict with Responsive HTML5 Layouts (yes, have tried different HTML RH Layouts)
any insight is greatly appreciated,
I have an update on this issue. Adobe agent Siddharth (really demonstrated great patience and persistence in helping to get to the root of the problem) sent me Google Cleanup tool--link below. That worked for windows but I was still not able to launch search in mac environment on a local build (the unzipped HTML5 build) whereas when I searched on the published help environment on our web application, search worked.
In the mac I deleted all Chrome Library folders: (~/Library/Application Support/Google/Chrome) and a pesky RLZ folder that is responsible for promotion tracking. After cleaning out the libraries and reinstalling a completely new Google Chrome install, the search works in Chrome on the mac also.
For the record, I reset Chrome on both machines and cleaned out user repository folders on the windows machine and followed multiple reset instructions on multiple forums but it was not until I used the clean-up tool on windows and emptied above referenced folders (while signed out of Chrome everywhere) on the mac was I able to get rid of the problem and use the search feature in Chrome for the Responsive HTML5 layout build.
this is the clean-up tool: https://www.google.com/chrome/cleanup-tool/index.html