• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Search does not work in Chrome for RoboHelp Classic HTML Output - but does work in 2019

New Here ,
Apr 21, 2020 Apr 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Everyone,

I imported a Word document and created HTML output using RoboHelp Classic.  The search function does not work in Chrome and it does in IE.  I am having other problems with RH2019 UI, but at least the search function works in RH2019 UI in both Chrome and IE.

I made sure my chrome was updated and checked my settings with no luck.

Any help or suggestions would greatly be appreciated.

Thank you,

Ken 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you all patched up? Check Help > Updates to check. Does it make any difference if the help is on a webserver vs. local? Browsers are getting increasingly testy about that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, we updated to 12.  Sorry. I am not sure what you mean by webserver vs. local.

We have generated many documents in RH 2017/Classic in the past that have been published to the public.  We were never able to use the search function in Chrome.  But now that RH2019 UI can search in Chrome, same documents, you would think that Adobe would apply the same fix to Classic. 

Frustrating...but I am hoping we can fix it.  Your help is greatly appreciated.

Any other ideas or more about the webserver vs. local issue?

Thank you,

Ken

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you place HTML files on your C:\ drive or on a LAN server (network drive), then those are considered "local" by browsers. Browser security has tightened up on allowing local HTML files to be displayed. Browsers prefer that you only have HTML files on a webserver where they are accessible via the internet.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jeff,

Yes, the documents that we publish are accessible to the public via the internet. But I have also tested with HTML files on our LAN and my C drive.  In all cases, the search does not work in Chrome. 

Do you know why it would work in RH2019 UI and not in RH2019 Classic?

Thank you again,

Ken

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If it's not working on a webserver, then I would start looking at the differences in the Javascript files in the output created by the two versions. Adobe may not have applied the same browser fix to the seed files used in the Classic version as they did in the New UI.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 24, 2020 Apr 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ken. I have replied to your direct emails yesterday and today.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp