Exit

Search highlight not working

Community Expert ,
Nov 28, 2016 Nov 28, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi guys,

I have a weird one for you.

Using RH11, producing Multiscreen HTML5 (desktop layout only).

I have a Test web server and a Production web server.

Accessing the Production web server using the web address in Chrome, the search highlighting works as expected.

Accessing the Test web server using the web address (http) in Chrome, the search highlighting does not work. However if I access it using the file server and open in Chrome, then the search highlighting does work correctly.  If I use Internet Explorer 11, the search highlighting always works correctly.

Does anyone have any ideas of what might be causing the search highlight to fail when accessed on one web server using the web address in Chrome? Or troubleshooting tips - I have no idea where to start?

Thanks,

Amber

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 28, 2016 Nov 28, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I forgot to mention this is a merged setup, as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 02, 2016 Dec 02, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Interesting. A few questions in the hope of getting a grip of what's happening:

• If you open the developer console in Chrome (F12), do you get any errors when searching or opening search results?
  • Does it make a difference for a topic in a merge project or not?
  • What happens if you open the child project directly and search there? Does it work then?
  • What happens if you remove the child projects. Does it work then? (Simply rename the mergedProjects folder and RH will think you removed them. Rename back to get your child projects back.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 18, 2016 Dec 18, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sorry it took so long to get back to you.

I can't see any errors in the console.

I tried a test project that has no merge, and I experience the same issue using Chrome.

I opened a child topic using a URL and still get the same behaviour.

I renamed the mergedProjects folder and still get the same behaviour.

I did notice that the state of the "Highlight search results" checkbox isn't saved, but the "Search results per page" droplist is saved.

So weird...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp