• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Search Not Working when CHM Output

Community Beginner ,
Feb 08, 2019 Feb 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Asking question again. Recently updated to RoboHelp 2019. Primary Output is WebHelp. Search works perfectly. I then have to do Output of WebHelp to CHM because our software product running Help needs it in CHM. When I view CHM output, all the data is there, e.g. TOC, topics, etc. however, when I try to search nothing is retrieved. I'm having difficulty locating project settings for CHM output. I thought maybe it was issue with skin I used in RoboHelp 11, so I updated skin and still search only working in WebHelp output, not CHM. Below are my WebHelp Settings for Search

TOPICS
New UI

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It looks like you are talking about 2019 Classic, not the new UI version, correct?

I'm confused by why you are referring to WebHelp settings when the problem is with a CHM, also you talk about skins that are not native to the CHM output. Are you perhaps using the WebHelp to CHM converter script? You haven't mentioned it.

If that is what you are doing, then turn off the Enable Substring option before you generate, then try again.

If not, please clarify things for me.

See www.grainge.org for free RoboHelp and Authoring information.

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes I am using the WebHelp to CHM converter script. I will turn off Enable Substring and recompile.. Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I used to just compile in HTML but found the look of file boring, so a few years ago I started creating an output in WebHelp and then using WebHelp to CHM converter to create my CHM file that would include the skin I used in WebHelp. After upgrading to 2019, search in WebHelp to CHM file is not working. If I just use the HTML output my search looks fine now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'll set up a test tomorrow. Meantime, try with one of the sample projects

to see if that works.

Peter Grainge

www.grainge.org

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 09, 2019 Feb 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A simple test confirmed this is broken in 2019. The scripts in both versions are the same so some other change has broken things.

I suggest you report it as a bug and maybe approach Support.

Please follow this link to report bugs and request features. The more people who do so, the higher it gets prioritised.

https://tracker.adobe.com

Post the link to that bug/feature in this thread and others can vote for it.

Email tcssup@adobe.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 11, 2019 Feb 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Bug reported

Tracker

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp