Re RoboHelp 2017
The search function of the index (i.e. searching the index) is not working.
Search of glossary works fine.
I have tried regenerated the output several times.
I also tried copying the index.hhk from a backup, and pasted it into the current project. That did not solve the problem.
Are you able to articulate exactly what you are seeing when you say it's "not working"?
For example, does it list everything out and appear to be fine until you begin to type into the field?
Does the field you type into not even appear?
Does everything appear to work fine, but nothing happens when you click items in the Index?
Sorry, also forgot to ask what your output type is.
Responsive HTML 5?
Microsoft HTML Help?
All index entries appear listed in the index as they should.
In the search box at the top of the index, I can enter a word in the search box, but when I hit the return key, nothing happens -- it doesn't search the index.
Also (I don't know whether this is related), I believe there's supposed to be predictive search in my regular search box (the Search Box itself, for full-text search, not the search box in the Index). I'm using RoboHelp 2017. Project was originally built with RoboHelp 2015. The Search Box seems to work fine, but it does not have predictive search.
Thanks for that.
I'm not sure what will be more effective. To have you create another bug report or to simply vote for the one I created last November. Sounds like you are seeing similar behavior to what I saw in my own project.
You can vote on the bug by clicking the link below:
May I ask if this is happening with a single project or new projects as well. Also, share the complete version of RH you are using. Also, are you hosting the output somewhere, I would like to see if the same behavior is present while opening the project locally.