Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Search results/Responsive

Contributor ,
Oct 10, 2017 Oct 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Is there a way to display a customized summary of a search results file in the responsive layout?  In other words, I don't want the first few words of the file to display automatically, I want to display specific information.

I use Zoom with WebHelp, but I'm trying the RH search with the Responsive layout (same files), so I already have the <ZOOMTITLE> tag in all my files.  I'd like that information to display when using RH's search.

hope this makes sense! 🙂

thank you!  

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 10, 2017 Oct 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

I believe if you look at the topic properties, then click the Status tab, you are able to type what you want into the Comment field in order to present that information as the Search Context.

2.png

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Oct 12, 2017 Oct 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

excellent!  thank you!  worked perfectly!

+++For anyone else who has this question, don't forget to toggle the "Use Topic Comment as Search Context" option on in Responsive HTML5 Settings, Search options.+++ 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wonder if a macro tool such as Macro Express could convert your Zoomtitle

content to Comments?

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Possibly, yes. I would just have to replace "ZOOMTITLE" with "topic-comment"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 13, 2017 Oct 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have just managed to get Zoomsearch integrated into the Indigo layout and hide the built in search.

Interested?

Peter Grainge

www.grainge.org

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Congratulations!

That would be wonderful, but for the moment I'm still in the testing phase of RH11 and the responsive layout  (but stay-tuned!).   The major complaints we've been having about zoom is the lack of predictive search and search term character limit... and last I checked those features aren't available with zoom javascript, which we use.

I did a simple global find/replace to change ZOOMTITLE to topic-comment.....worked perfectly!

Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you taken up what your users don't like with the Zoomsearch people? They are very helpful and might welcome a feature request.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring information

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Oct 19, 2017 Oct 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To answer your question - I have contacted Wrensoft in the past about a few issues/user requests and their response has always been it's a limitation of javascript version, which is what I have to use in our documentation.  And, you are correct - they have always been beyond helpful and responsive to any issues I was having.  I highly recommend them...

Back to RH responsive html5 search:

Is there any way to do the following with search (I haven't found one!)

• let the end-user toggle substring search on/off
  • use negative searches (search term x but exclude files with y)
  • permit wildcards:  either *  or ?
  • control result ranking - I want certain files to appear higher in the search results list.  Can I do this with html comments??
  • recommended links

Yes, I know Zoom has all but 1 of those features.....

thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 28, 2017 Oct 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Is there any way to do the following with search (I haven't found one!)

Submit a Feature Request and sit back?

Please follow this link to report bugs and request features. The more people who do so, the higher it gets prioritised.

https://tracker.adobe.com

Post the link to that bug in this thread and others can vote for it.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring information

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp