Search results showing all text from topic

Explorer ,
Apr 04, 2021 Apr 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using RoboHelp 2019.0.14 (not Classic). I'm generating to Responsive HTML5 using the Azure Blue layout.

 

In the search results, I am sometimes getting all of the text from the topic in the Search pane. Most of the time it only shows a row a two.

 

Here's an example (with some of the text whited out on purpose): search behavior.png

Views

32

Likes

Translate

Translate

Report

Report
Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct Answer

Explorer , Apr 06, 2021 Apr 06, 2021
Thanks for your reply Peter. I found the issue (and workaround). The issue was happening on any HTML page that had a link in it and the link had "http" in it. For example, this sentence would replicate the bug: "For more information, see http://adobe.com/"If I changed it to: "For more information, click here", the search results came out okay.

Likes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Community Professional ,
Apr 05, 2021 Apr 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Congratulations on being the first person to manage that trick! 🙂

 

The first thing I would check is whether this always happens with the same topics. Offhand I'm not sure where I would look next but first let me know if the problem is just a few topics or many.

________________________________________________________
See www.grainge.org for free Authoring and RoboHelp Information

Please use the Blue reply button at the top to help me help you. The black Reply link nests replies and they sort out of order.

Likes

Translate

Translate

Report

Report
Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 06, 2021 Apr 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for your reply Peter. I found the issue (and workaround). The issue was happening on any HTML page that had a link in it and the link had "http" in it. 

For example, this sentence would replicate the bug: "For more information, see http://adobe.com/"

If I changed it to: "For more information, click here", the search results came out okay.

Likes

Translate

Translate

Report

Report
Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation