Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Search Results Showing Hidden Content

New Here ,
Sep 14, 2015 Sep 14, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi guys,

I have a query. Each topic in my help file has a hidden block of text at the top which will show when the user chooses to print (this is just a logo and copyright information). This works fine however a problem arises when using the search functionality, the text becomes visible as part of the 'Preview' text.

I'm using:

RH 2015

IE10

HTML5 Responsive Output

Can anyone advise how I might be able to visually hide this from the preview?

Additionally, how do I go about excluding a specific phrase from searches?

Many thanks

David

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Sep 14, 2015 Sep 14, 2015

Hi,

You can set the preview text of any topic by going to Topic right click> Properties> Status tab and write your preview text inside comment section.

Preview_text.PNG

It will solve your problem of search preview text.

But i would like to know how are you hiding the text?

Are you using conditional build tag?

Also do you want the text to shown in output but not in search, I am wondering what might be your use case. Please specify.

Using dynamic filtering you can hide the text depending upon the filter tag from help an

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

You can set the preview text of any topic by going to Topic right click> Properties> Status tab and write your preview text inside comment section.

Preview_text.PNG

It will solve your problem of search preview text.

But i would like to know how are you hiding the text?

Are you using conditional build tag?

Also do you want the text to shown in output but not in search, I am wondering what might be your use case. Please specify.

Using dynamic filtering you can hide the text depending upon the filter tag from help and search both.

Thanks,

Surbhi Maheshwari

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your answer Surbhi, this should resolve the issue but will be time intensive as I need to complete the comments for all topics, and they will need to be maintained.

The purpose of hiding the text is so that it is never shown to the user except when they choose to print a topic.

I'm hiding the text using CSS, I have a div class of "printspecial" which is set to display:none by default, when a user chooses to print (@media print) then the div is displayed (along with various other changes to improve formatting for printing).

I don't need users to have any control over this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Looks like you will have to go by above route only.

Sorry to say but right now there is no such option in RoboHelp to exclude some text from search preview text.

You can make a feature request for it @https://bugbase.adobe.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp