• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Search tab finds no topics

New Here ,
May 11, 2016 May 11, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I compiled a CHM file using RoboHelp HTML 11. When I double-click the compiled CHM file, the Search tab works just fine. But when I view the Help in the application that uses the CHM file, the Search tab does not work. When a search term is typed in the Search tab, the "No topics found" message displays.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Wondering here if what you are seeing might be related to a CHM running in 32 bit mode VS 64 bit mode.

Does Search work okay if you open the CHM from RoboHelp, by clicking the button that is presented immediately after compiling?

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, it works ok in RoboHelp. By the way, I am running RoboHelp on Windows 7, 64-bit.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hmm, very odd. So Search works just fine if you double-click the CHM to open it or if you open it from RoboHelp, but not if you open it from your associated application.

I might think that this would certainly have something to do with exactly how your developers are calling the help. Exactly what is anybody's guess.

Does the app have multiple help entry points? For example, can you click a menu and open help while also opening help via Context Sensitive calls? If so, does one way allow Search to work while the other doesn't?

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Help does have multiple entry points; pressing F1 opens help from a window in the application. But either way, the Search tab does not work inside the application.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 13, 2016 May 13, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I think I finally figured out what is going on.

Several weeks ago, I had to download the Microsoft HTML Help Workshop to fix the problem with the Search tab. I gave the developers a new help file.

The installation was dropping the new help file in the installation folder:

C:\Program Files (x86)\[Application Name]

But the application was not calling this help file. So even though that file worked fine, it didn't work in the application.

Instead, it was calling another help file in the following folder:

C:\Users\[user name]\AppData\Local\[Application Name].

This file had not been updated to the latest and greatest.

Now we'll see if the Developers can fix the installation before the next release.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp